Hornets

Excolt 1

40-16 win for Hornets, but far too many unforced (and forced) errors. Thankfully, we upped the ante at start of second half and the mercurial Penkywicz with 4 tries changed the match - yet, much to work on. Credit to West Wales who gave us a good game and look a useful side - certainly a big improvement on previous seasons, especially with Rangi Chase and some big guys. We need to remember that points difference this season and percentage wins may shape final positions - letting in that last try was sloppy! The Doncaster match will be interesting after they lost 18-44 at Keighley.

I wins a win and West Wales were a much better team than the score line suggests.

Hornets biggest problem is the poor discipline and they rightly got heavily penalised.

If the coaching staff don’t pick up on that it could come back to bite us as the season progresses.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

A good opening result against a much improved West Wales team. Far to many simply errors spoiled what was a good performance. We will get better and look as though we will be a hard side to beat. The Our League coverage was excellent and more than made up for not being able to have spectators. Well worth the £5.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

As an ex-pat exiled in the South of France it's great to be able to watch the Hornet's games live.

A curates egg of a performance. When Penky was on, we looked a different team, we got a bit

of momentum going ,with Marriott and Baker running off him really well. When he left the field

it all went a bit disjointed and we seemed to lose focus.

Plus points were the pack, especially in their defensive duties.

Fairclough and Yates should be a decent half back partnership when they get more cohesive.

Lots to work on in training and Hornet's will need an improved 80 minute display if they

are to take the points next week, but it was so good to watch the team play live again.

Travelling to Catalans? Stay at La Villa Céline

Contact us for a special Rugby accommodation package here

signature.jpg

4 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

Just on the percentage thing. The League Express has us top. Can anyone explain how our result is better than Keighleys.

The BBC has, rightly, Hornets 2nd - we conceded that soft try at the hooter!

End of season places=

Highest number of points decides.  
In the event of tied points, places are decided on final points difference.

If that doesn’t solve it - greater points percentage during the season =  for/conceded x100.

If still equal, continues until result

= most tries 

=most drop goals

=toss of coin

The top placed team is promoted at the end of season without any play-off. Hopefully without going through those hoops!

I would expect League Express to get it right over the BBC . I’ve tried to add a photo of the League but it won’t download for some reason. The league could be tied so this does matter , are those rules for a normal season or this? 

Archived