NRL Match Thread - Round 9 - 2021

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Fox Sport:

Melbourne’s 85% win record against Souths (29/34) is its best against any team (for more than 5 games played), while Souths’ 15% win record is easily its worst record against any team.

South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Melbourne Storm at ANZ Stadium, 7.50pm

Rabbitohs team: 6. Cody Walker 1. Alex Johnston 2. Steven Marsters 4. Braidon Burns 3. Dane Gagai 21. Dean Hawkins 7. Benji Marshall 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. Tevita Tatola 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Jai Arrow 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Liam Knight 16. Jacob Host 17. Patrick Mago 18. Jed Cartwright 19. Hame Sele

Players cut: 5. Taane Milne 20. Troy Dargan

Late mail: One-game rookie Dean Hawkins will play in the halves, pushing Cody Walker back to fullback and Alex Johnston to the wing, with Taane Milne the casualty of that switch. Hawkins made his NRL debut against Brisbane in Round 5. At training on Wednesday, Hawkins was running in the halves alongside Benji Marshall, with Walker at the back and Johnston on a wing. Coach Wayne Bennett later confirmed Hawkins will play. It comes after the injury to halfback Adam Reynolds, while Latrell Mitchell remains out suspended. Steven Marstersand Braidon Burns will form a new centre pairing with Dane Gagai on the wing.

Storm team: 1. Nicholas Hynes 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Harry Grant 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Brandon Smith 14. Dale Finucane 15. Tui Kamikamica 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 18. Dean Ieremia 19. Chris Lewis 21. Aaron Pene

Players cut: 16. Tom Eisenhuth 20. Ryley Jacks

Late mail: Tom Eisenhuth is out with Ryley Jacks also cut 24 hours before kick-off.

Souths 0:26 Melbourne at HT. The Fox has scored 4 tries!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good afternoon all it is now 36-0 after further tries from Brandon  Smith and George Jennings

Update now 40 -0 from Hughes pass to Jennings. Munster conversions attempts poor from the touchlines tonight.

21mins to go

Commentator keeps stating no Melbourne player has ever scored 5 tries in a game.

Graham are you alright!

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Aldo- Carr over for his fifth try first Melbourne player to do so

Munster adds the two from the touchline 46-0

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

10 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Commentator keeps stating no Melbourne player has ever scored 5 tries in a game.

Not true any more - Addo-Carr gets his fifth!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Six for the Fox now!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Aldo-Carr over for sixth try. First time a player has achieved this in 71 years. Another pass from Olam.

50-0.

No team has ever conceded 50 points and gone on to win the comp

Gagai for bunnies , unfortunately for him the ball  had just gone dead,

Olam kicks for Aldo -Carr but Walker gets there first

Final Storm 50-0 Rabbitohs

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Another Melbourne-Penrith grand final, then. Can the Panthers go all the way his time?!

Close. Three weeks ago i stated  Penrith -Parramatta final.😀

This all on me. 

I ordered a Souths shirt the other day having been inspired by Benji this season. 

I cursed them. 

Sorry Wayne.

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

And then there were three, Panthers, Storm, and on the outside Eels. I know it's a long time from the finals and Souths had plenty of player's out but they won't come back from that, all of them were comprehensively outplayed by their opposite number and did you see the look on their faces, shellshocked would be the best description. Even Wayne will struggle to turn them round after that, there were absolutely no redeeming features he can work with going forward.

Meanwhile I'm getting a little worried, I am starting to look forward to watching the Storm, I will never forgive them for cheating the salary cap,their pushing to the limit the rules, or Cameron Smith and his antics but they really do have some of the most entertaining player's in the game, Ryan P, Hines, Olam, the Fox, Munster, Grant and especially Jerome Hughes and of those only the Fox & Munster are established player's the others can still develop further but might need to move on to do so.

32 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

And then there were three, Panthers, Storm, and on the outside Eels. I know it's a long time from the finals and Souths had plenty of player's out but they won't come back from that, all of them were comprehensively outplayed by their opposite number and did you see the look on their faces, shellshocked would be the best description. Even Wayne will struggle to turn them round after that, there were absolutely no redeeming features he can work with going forward.

Meanwhile I'm getting a little worried, I am starting to look forward to watching the Storm, I will never forgive them for cheating the salary cap,their pushing to the limit the rules, or Cameron Smith and his antics but they really do have some of the most entertaining player's in the game, Ryan P, Hines, Olam, the Fox, Munster, Grant and especially Jerome Hughes and of those only the Fox & Munster are established player's the others can still develop further but might need to move on to do so.

Why would they need to leave Melbourne to develop further ??

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Why would they need to leave Melbourne to develop further ??

Salary cap and Hines up against Ryan P for full back spot. They could put him in at centre and move Smith to the wing but Smith shows promise of developing along the lines of the others. I think read the Hines wants to play FB long term.

6 minutes ago, Graham said:

Missed today’s game as I’ve been helping with a family house move. 
Did the Storm boys snatch a win then?

Can’t wait to  see the game on replay.

I may be involved with the house move tomorrow. Hope to see some RL before Saturday!

They would have lost if they hadn’t cheated ... 

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I’ve enjoyed watching Storm over the years. It’s great to see a new line up of talent coming through. I know other people have other views.

Cam Smith was one of my favourite players.

Time to get my coat?

A wooden overcoat with view's like that😶

Did I enjoy that, Thursday night footy is sponsored by Red Rooster and enjoyed by The Red Rooster

It may have been raining in Sydney but a Storm hit Stadium Australia drowning out the woeful Wabbits. Six tries for Josh Addo-Carr and anyone studying the game Film of this match would salute Fantastic Mr Fox .

The most impressive thing about Melbourne was the desire to keep the battered bunnies out in the final miunutes nornally in a game when you have won it by the 50th minute there is a tendency to let the opposition in for a few tries in garbage time which makes the score more respectable not in this case I am delighted to say. With Ryan Papenhuyzen due to return for the Storm things can only get better.

As for the Rabbitohs they came with the carrot of the premiership dangling and all they got was the stick...🤣

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived