NRL Match Thread - Round 9 - 2021

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parra not convincing with amount of ball they had near Roosters line, the chooks hung on grimly but it seems now common to lose 2 player's per game with injury for every team so they are struggling. It doesn't help that JWH &Taukihao are completely off form either.

With captains challenges, the rules surrounding HIA replacements and bunker referrals the NRL is making a simple game hard to follow and that's with the benefits of TV, as a spectator at the game it must be impossible. Sometimes less is more and they need to quickly put in place some hard and fast rules instead of trying to be all things to all men. A ref might make a mistake with his call but that's what humans do, players make plenty so let's get back to simplicity.

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Well done Parra on the win,

Well done the Roosters on a real gutsy effort in the face of adversity.

Lets Hope tonight’s officials are stood down for a long period.

Lets Hope tonight’s officials are stood down for a long period. 

They'd probably get that wrong, too. 

I'm not normally one for criticising the match officials but on this occasion, they seemed to be having a bad day. Perhaps it was his haircut! 

I have generally thought Matt Cecchin was one of the better referees in Aus, but today's performance was sub Sutton and he should be shown the error of his ways. Niukore could have had a red on another day (and should have had at least a yellow) for the shoulder to Tedesco's head and Dylan Brown should have had a yellow card for the knees on Hutchison. As an Eels fan I worry when Moses is expected to "take charge" as he isn't capable of doing it when it matters. 

Well the first game was another blowout , sacking Morris obviously worked ... the second was very strange . Firstly a fine effort by The Roosters up against a load of adversity . Parra made a meal of seeing them off , I’m not sold on them tbh . Now , I’m a fan of Cecchin but I thought he was terrible tonight . Persistent or cynical set restarts can be sin bins , but despite saying this over n over he didn’t do anything . At least twice there were guys on the floor he couldn’t see . He seemed to be struggling to stay in control which is unlike him . But most of all ... please tell me how Niukore doesn’t get binned AT LEAST for smashing Teddy in the head with a shoulder , or Brown stays on the field for smashing Hutchinson in the ribs with knees ? In fact no one knew he’d even been put on report . The Bunker and Cecchin need to explain what was going on there - we’re seeing endless replays they’re both looking at . The bunker was totally wrong and Cecchin is like , I can’t do anything without him telling me - yeh you can your in charge . I thought on report cop out was changing to on field sanctions , as I’ve said many times . So what happened there then ? Not great officiating between them in that game . And by the way , one of the worst obstruction decisions of all time was in this game . Video refs go out of their way to find reasons to disallow tries , even going against all reason and getting consumed by technicalities that lack all common sense and game awareness 

Sharkies spanking at Penrith was about as predictable as a North Korean Presidential election. It's what happens when you hire an ordinatry coach who selects ordinary players on big money. Craig Fitzgibbon has to have a three year plan to turn this around.

All I can say about the Parra attitude on display against a Roosters side being held together with sticking tape was with that amount of posession the scoreline should have been closer to Thursday nights not a game still within the Roosters grasp. I await their end of season implosion.

Parra have also achieved something unthinkablke - NRL sympathy for the Roosters following the kneedy Eels crocking a couple of chooks before the half.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-dylan-brown-leads-with-knees-drew-hutchison-injury-update-sydney-roosters-parramatta-eels-marata-niukore-shoulder-charge-reaction/news-story/18edc469aab83377451c64cb5aebeb52

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Around 20-minute mark Ryan Sutton and Papalii off, Sutton possible hyper-extension of elbow. Horseburger and Joseph Twopenny on.

Archived