Wigan should replace Hastings with Shaun Johnson

If Wigan tried to sign Shaun Johnson I would not be surprised if a bitter Kevin Sinfield used his connections at the RFL to try to scuttle it -- for the good of Leeds.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

So signing a fading,inconsistent NRL player coming back from a major injury with a history of sulking & slagging off former clubs is a recipe for all Wigan’s so called woes ?

Like I said, he is taking the preverbial.

Johnson's recent form, when fit, has actually been good. But "when fit" is an important part of that sentence.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

If Wigan tried to sign Shaun Johnson I would not be surprised if a bitter Kevin Sinfield used his connections at the RFL to try to scuttle it -- for the good of Leeds.

He’d probably do it 6 months after johnson got here on previous evidence 

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

shame we dont have a sam walker coming through youth system or someone similar instead

By we, do you mean England? I think we do, his name is Lewis Dodd.  The key question is will he get the chance to shine as Sam Walker has.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

shame we dont have a sam walker coming through youth system or someone similar instead

I wonder how he’d have developed here as a player if he had never left ?

40 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Shaun who ?

I never understand comments like this. I am at a loss to understand what you think you are achieving by pretending not to know who Shaun Johnson is.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

prob be playing football or ru like owen farrell and george ford

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I never understand comments like this. I am at a loss to understand what you think you are achieving by pretending not to know who Shaun Johnson is.

they are posted to get a reaction- like you have done 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

If he’d been in the likes of Wigan/Saints or Leeds setups,probably very much like he has.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You should know all about that.

people post their opinions etc - other people post their opinions etc in reply to other peoples opinions etc- its the nature of an internet forum - if your using it to buy your weekly big shop from netto your on the wrong thing

39 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Basically pointing out to the Op that Shaun Johnson wouldn't be some massive draw to bring in loads of new fans to Wigan if they were to sign him , only the real hardcore fans would have an inkling 

Also the assumption that he is actually any good anymore 

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Basically pointing out to the Op that Shaun Johnson wouldn't be some massive draw to bring in loads of new fans to Wigan if they were to sign him , only the real hardcore fans would have an inkling 

But you knew exactly who he was and so do many 1000s of UK RL fans. Don't pretend that they don't.

15 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Excellent. So now I know what you were looking to achieve with your post I can let you know, you didn't achieve it.

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

But you knew exactly who he was and so do many 1000s of UK RL fans. Don't pretend that they don't.

UK RL fans know who he is , and they are already attending games 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

And you think Johnson would bring them back ?

They have to try and make it exciting to go to Wigan again. The club's fans have had over 3 decades of bringing exciting names to the club. There are good players and there are players you can market. Johnson will create a buzz in the media and in the town, bringing Williams back will hardly register (even though he is a good player). The club is still riding high at the top yet is haemorrhaging fans year on year. Everyone can see they are taking their eyes off the ball. 

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

They have to try and make it exciting to go to Wigan again. The club's fans have had over 3 decades of bringing exciting names to the club. There are good players and there are players you can market. Johnson will create a buzz in the media and in the town, bringing Williams back will hardly register (even though he is a good player). The club is still riding high at the top yet is haemorrhaging fans year on year. Everyone can see they are taking their eyes off the ball. 

If you say so 

I have no idea why the idea of Wigan signing Shaun Johnson has been met with so much resistance. 

He has been a world class player and still is when he is on form.  He is only 30 years old and a high profile name.

I for one would love to see him play in Super League. 

Archived