Wigan should replace Hastings with Shaun Johnson

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Still trying to justify your ridiculous OP

that a fading,inconsistent player that no other NRL team wants is the saviour of Wigan & Superleague then.

I did not say that at all. My post is that Wigan have been a top club for the last five years, winning matches consistently and trophies yet the club's fan base and commercial income is sliding. Bringing a high profile world star might just help to nudge the club back to being more aspirational as opposed to complacent and somewhere young players play for a few years before ####### off the NRL.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

That’s because people expect him to play a blinder each week which is impossible, especially when you play for the Warriors or Sharks and don’t have the stock around you to accentuate your performances.

If he's as you say he is, just needing a better side to play in, then I wonder why those better sides haven't seen what you see and pick him. Maybe they know more than you do on the subject. The fact is he wants out of the Sharks so we will see if the better clubs step in to make an offer he will accept.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 minutes ago, RayCee said:

If he's as you say he is, just needing a better side to play in, then I wonder why those better sides haven't seen what you see and pick him. Maybe they know more than you do on the subject. The fact is he wants out of the Sharks so we will see if the better clubs step in to make an offer he will accept.

One of the worlds best who will add thousands on the gate,apparently.

Im sure they will be queuing down the road from his agents house.

21 hours ago, Scubby said:

The Kiwi who ruined England in the last minute at Wembley or were you cutting the grass that day too? 😄 

Of course he was.

Gubrats cuts the grass every day. How else do you expect him to feed Mrs Starbug, and all their pet dogs, cats, chickens, mice, and hamsters?

17 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ah yes it was Kev who rushed him wasn't it? 

Yes it was. And thereby added another highlight to Shaun Johnson's extensive highlights reel.

6 hours ago, del capo said:

RL if not RU remains tribal.

Johnson at his peak was mercurial and Sinfield gave them a get out of jail card with his  brain fart clearance.

But can you imagine a Wigan side with Williams and Tomkins  back  with their Alma Mater ? Sam's Perpignan pool won't last forever and his investments remain local.

Wigan would be totally unbeatable  with those two.  Marquee surely but why not home grown players for a change? And if Wigan had those two there would certainly be an increase of bums on the seats - home or away. 

Wigan fading into obscurity ?

Post again Scubby in 5 years and I will reply if still around.....

Sam Tomkins is not leaving Perpignan before he retires. Why should he? He is a star down there, and he has a beautiful environment including sunshine, beaches 20 minutes drive from town, great food including lobster and other luxuries, and he is so close to the art museums over the border in Spain. Plus he has plenty of English team mates at Catalans including his brother Joel, Micky Mac and Tom Davies, who are all ex-Wigan players. Sam is in paradise at the moment.

28 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Sam Tomkins is not leaving Perpignan before he retires. Why should he? He is a star down there, and he has a beautiful environment including sunshine, beaches 20 minutes drive from town, great food including lobster and other luxuries, and he is so close to the art museums over the border in Spain. Plus he has plenty of English team mates at Catalans including his brother Joel, Micky Mac and Tom Davies, who are all ex-Wigan players. Sam is in paradise at the moment.

🤣🤣🤣 - Never thought i'd see the day someone claiming paradise for Tomkins is the beach, eating lobster and visiting art museums 🤣🤣🤣

His level is more a pie and a stroll down to Wigan Pier past a wall full of graffiti 😁

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

30 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I absolutely agree with your post Manfred, but I do have to ask:

Can he not get lobster (and other luxuries) in England?

3 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I've just laughed at Sam Tomkins going to an art museum 😂

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I've just laughed at Sam Tomkins going to an art museum 😂

He is a noted art expert and has watched several documentaries on BBC 4

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

🤣🤣🤣 - Never thought i'd see the day someone claiming paradise for Tomkins is the beach, eating lobster and visiting art museums 🤣🤣🤣

His level is more a pie and a stroll down to Wigan Pier past a wall full of graffiti 😁

Sam's actual favourite is Nandos 

No Nando's in Wigan but there is at the top of Scott Lane a Subway that is more than well frequented by the Wigan squad.

George and Sam are both die hard locals. My lad helped Sam out with his maths at St John Fisher.  They have roots and they learned their rugby trade at St pats before joining Wigan.

They will return when the money is right.

As for lobster , the French import it all from Scotland as the Med is the biggest uncontrolled cess pit in the world.....

45 minutes ago, del capo said:

Don't forget the Reebok. Easier trip from Dalton ......

The reason I know is I've seen Sam there plenty of times , maybe he went to the Reebok as well , I've no idea , but he was a regular at the Leigh Restaurant 

11 hours ago, RayCee said:

Take last year’s torn achilles out of the equation, he would be easily commending $7-800k a season.

His current value in the market is a reflection of his recent injured status and not his skill.

18 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Take last year’s torn achilles out of the equation, he would be easily commending $7-800k a season.

His current value in the market is a reflection of his recent injured status and not his skill.

Meaning he could break down again tomorrow 

16 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I bet they have a great night out down there. Start off with a nice lobster pie and then all out for a few beers. 

Archived