Week 1 - Hunslet (Away)

Good start to the season, lots still to improve on but you can forgive them that after such a long time off.

Henson and Barnes both had great games as did O’Donnell.

Is Buffer carrying a knock he didn’t seem his usual self today, wasn’t zipping about like he usually does.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win! Every player really dug deep and performed today, excellent start to the season! 

Henson a well deserved mom Caine Barnes work rate was a massive energy saver for the team couple of big plays from Fitzy Wellington superb and Fell faultless 

well done all 

Get in!! Excellent boys. A really good start to the season with a lot of improvement to come. Every player gave his all there with Henson and Barnes outstanding. Hope Hanley Dawson hasn’t got too bad an injury, he didn’t appear to come back on.

That's a massive performance!!! Big wraps to all our forwards who were massively out weighed and gave Matty Henson the platform to get m.o.m

Hard to single individuals out after a performance like that. Doran lead well, Wellington had just about his best game for us and fell is Mr consistency.

Think we can expect to see all members of the squad in the next few weeks. Can see all teams picking up injuries. HUGE performance from all and to think we still have stevie, pez and obrien to come back into the side 

Enjoy the bus back lads! UTT 🔵⚪🍺

Nothing to complain about with the boys today,Everyone played to win the game.Matty Henson showed is ability in the game and will show a lot more in the coming weeks,Overall everyone done their job so no complaints from me..UTT🏉🏉🏉

How good was that, missed the first half s@#t internet watched the second half on a phone but was worth it, can’t fault anybody some massive performances, can’t wait to watch this team on the hallowed turf if that was anything to go off welldone Chris welldone the boys utt

Superb win, what a competitive debut for Matty Henson from the amateur game. Thought we looked very dangerous and on the whole dealt with their big pack very well. Just hope all the injuries aren't too bad.

Well done lads UTT! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

A superb win & good to have the rugby back. As already said Henson & Barnes strong performers but thought everyone was on it & 100% committed to the cause which is what I love to see the most with town. 

A big shout out to young Ethan Bickerdike on his first professional game, thought he handled himself really well and tackled anything that moved. Both him and Calvin defended really well. 

Didn’t see the game but very chuffed with that result . We’ve done alright a few times there , but first up you never know and I was concerned about matching it up front . Excellent to start off with a win , gives you a spring in your step and a bit of momentum to move on with . I hope we got no bad injuries , it’s gonna be a factor after a long time off . 

Archived