Week 1 - Hunslet (Away)

I never expect to win there and as always at this time of year I'm trying not to get carried away! I was interested to see if Chris's policy of having young mobile forwards would work and whether it does or not in the long run it makes for exciting rugby. I think they got outside us once and only broke our line once I think. I honestly couldn't pick a MOM but every time Holroyd gets the ball I'm half expecting him to make a break. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I never expect to win there and as always at this time of year I'm trying not to get carried away! I was interested to see if Chris's policy of having young mobile forwards would work and whether it does or not in the long run it makes for exciting rugby. I think they got outside us once and only broke our line once I think. I honestly couldn't pick a MOM but every time Holroyd gets the ball I'm half expecting him to make a break. 

Been a few years since we've had a back line as exciting as the one we now have. 

20 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

After a bottle of Red, I'm beginning to think Chris is a genius. 🤔😎👋👋👋🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Contained them very very well, they were  a bit of a one trick pony -crash ball to fat lads - until the sin binning

26 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Chris says Hanley has a done a medial 

I wondered whether he might have done something in his knee, his legs seemed to get twisted under him as he got tackled. Hopefully won’t be out too long. At least we have cover, Dec or Marcus could fill in at loose forward. I hope Matty Henson’s ankle isn’t too bad although he was good enough on one leg for 20 minutes yesterday.

A great performance and result for our first competitive game in over 12 months. Many stand outs for me yesterday, Henson who deserved MOM, Holroyd, O’Donnell and Lightowler all had fantastic games. No one put a foot wrong.

Plenty to build on from that. Looking forward to watching this team get better and better week in week out. 

Anyone else think we not only played, but also looked the part on Sunday. We looked like a traditional Town team in tha hooped socks, white shorts and the white with blue band shirt. It took me back to watching my boyhood heroes in the same Kit. Memories of Edgar, Archer, Banks, Pattinson and the rest came flooding back. It was great to see. 👍👋👋👋

On 12/05/2021 at 20:34, pmac said:

town had a similar top back in the mid 80s thou this 1 as deffo caught my eye 

Yeah i seem to remember Gary Nixon in that top . They weren't the easiest times to watch Town but we got our reward a few years later. 

3 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Yeah i seem to remember Gary Nixon in that top . They weren't the easiest times to watch Town but we got our reward a few years later. 

Yeah it was the ROMAR sponsored shirt.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived