Hi All,

Our latest episode covers the start of the Women's Super League.🏉🏉

I make some errors which I put down to age and memory 🤦 hope you don't spot them or gloss over them if you do 😁 my apologies 

Anyway, hope you enjoy as I think the ladies game is great to watch and needs more exposure, we hope to bring more throughout the season as we move into a brand new studio next week 😁Any ladies players want to join us sometime please get in touch 👍

4 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I haven’t actually seen much SL lately (men’s) but from what I’ve seen of the women’s RL lately, it’s really good, very open and better for it. I won’t say it is better but definitely not a poor imitation like say, football. 

I think rugby league is entertaining at all levels. Even if the standard was way way lower than the men's wouldn't mean it's any less entertaining or enjoyable to watch 

On 07/05/2021 at 07:56, David Dockhouse Host said:

Hi All,

Our latest episode covers the start of the Women's Super League.🏉🏉

I make some errors which I put down to age and memory 🤦 hope you don't spot them or gloss over them if you do 😁 my apologies 

Anyway, hope you enjoy as I think the ladies game is great to watch and needs more exposure, we hope to bring more throughout the season as we move into a brand new studio next week 😁Any ladies players want to join us sometime please get in touch 👍

Nice video and set up.  Shows what clubs could be doing on youtube.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 07/05/2021 at 12:40, Johnoco said:

I haven’t actually seen much SL lately (men’s) but from what I’ve seen of the women’s RL lately, it’s really good, very open and better for it. I won’t say it is better but definitely not a poor imitation like say, football. 

Apart from the illegal rollballs, women`s RL in the UK is a better watch than in Aus. Partly due to the effects of Aussie knock-on derangement syndrome. When female players use the ball, it generally leads to more handling errors than in the men`s game. So if officials have developed a mindset where they automatically stop the game and call something when the ball goes to ground, it inevitably impairs the game for the viewer, and deters risk-taking.

Also, as you say, there`s plenty of space in UK women`s RL for players to be creative. Which highlights the perennial balance between inherent quality and quality of spectacle. Because I`m afraid if one of our SL women`s teams played any of the 10 best women`s club teams in NSW and QLD, my guess is they wouldn`t know what had hit them.

At national level, I reckon the Aussies could field 20 teams that would smash England off the park.

2 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

In respect of the above post, if someone is confused, would it not be more mature to say why, rather than click on a daft emoji?

Very good post UP (for short)

You make a good point over standard of play Being higher not always meaning standard of entertainment is higher.

I love watching the ladies game, I see so much opportunity for growth.

I am encouraged by the amount of new players and therefore patents engaging with RL. In terms of spreading the game this could be easier than the men's version, look at what York are doing, amazing work.

I'd invite all RL fans to watch it, go along, introduce your daughter's sisters friends etc and watch such entertainment becoming involved in an inclusive and growth sport.

The Ferns and Jillroos are very very good but I like the fact we can see where we are heading, something to aim for, proves there's improvement.

Everyone, get behind the ladies, and if anyone is involved and wants to join us please get in touch as we hope to run more shows and improve our product as well.

37 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

I am encouraged by the amount of new players and therefore patents engaging with RL. In terms of spreading the game this could be easier than the men's version, look at what York are doing, amazing work.

I'd invite all RL fans to watch it, go along, introduce your daughter's sisters friends etc and watch such entertainment becoming involved in an inclusive and growth sport.

I mentioned North Sydney on the York thread. Another Australian club worth looking at is Helensburgh Tigers.

Their open-age women`s team moved this year from the Illawarra competition to the NSW premiership, and is thus serving as an outlier hub for a wide area, not dissimilar to York over here.

Helensburgh have passed the significant milestone of having more female than male registered players. This includes all their League Tag teams.

League Tag remains the glaring omission in UK women`s RL. It`s relevant to all the points you make about "spreading the game". Female RL is a more "inclusive and growth sport" at the NSW clubs who deliver Tackle and Tag as integrated options.

And just to emphasise, I`m not referring to OzTag/TTR. I mean full-sized pitch, goal-posts and goal-kicking, 11-a-side League Tag.

Archived