Should Salford sack Inu?

Yes.

But they won't. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

If it can legally be mentioned, in a nutshell what is he alleged to have said? Or actually did say?

Words to the effect of blaming the victim for ruining Haynes life - the implication being that Hayne didn't do what he is accused and convicted of doing.

9 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

If it can legally be mentioned, in a nutshell what is he alleged to have said? Or actually did say?

Covered here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9551747/The-appalling-messages-Jarryd-Haynes-footy-mates-posted-social-media.html

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Has he said this on Twitter? Because I’ve just had a look at his account to see what had been said but his last tweet is in relation to Savelio’s racist abuse last weekend, so if it was a Tweet, he’s deleted it already. 

Instagram, dunno if he's deleted it now,  or if it's expired,  he's now put a slightly confusing contrary 'I've got females in my family, don't get this confused message,  followed by him reposting similar from his missus.

Just now, Barry Badrinath said:

Instagram, dunno if he's deleted it now,  or if it's expired,  he's now put a slightly confusing contrary 'I've got females in my family, don't get this confused message,  followed by him reposting similar from his missus.

He’ll have seen what has happened to T-Rex and is trying to save his ar se 

Appalling is right. 

Is it appalling? Or is typical Mail outrage?

Only 2 people know what happened on that night. Reading the accounts and on the balance of probability, i'm inclined to side with the verdict but plenty of people have been wrongly convicted before.

I have no issues with them showing support to Hayne, however calling out the alleged victim is callous and has no place, particularly when they weren't present so have no idea what went on

If players want to show their support for a former colleague who has been convicted of rape then that is their prerogative.  Personally, I wouldn't as if one of my friends or colleagues was convicted of rape all bets would be off as I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

But using phrases like 'so called victim' is appalling.  This women has been through the ordeal of rape, then a trial and then being spat on when she left the courtroom.  Now she has to put up with people questioning her honesty on social media.

I have to say, this has not been a great week for British Rugby League as it is exposing the cultural core that we have and it is not a good look.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Only 2 people know what happened on that night. Reading the accounts and on the balance of probability, i'm inclined to side with the verdict but plenty of people have been wrongly convicted before.

I have no issues with them showing support to Hayne, however calling out the alleged victim is callous and has no place, particularly when they weren't present so have no idea what went on

Yes, it's appalling - it's absolutely abhorent to blame the victim of a serious crime for being the victim.

He was convicted in a criminal court - so beyond all reasonable doubt. 

Obviously it's their perogative to support their mate but I think it says a lot about their character.

He can support his mate and his family if he wants to . I separate that from his choice of words around the victim , that was wrong . No I don’t think he should be sacked 

Surely, he’s breached Rugby League’s code of conduct and their social media “respect” campaign, as Ed Barber did with his tweets last summer? Barber was fined, not banned for any games, I would expect something similar and maybe some education for Inu. 

Just now, JohnM said:

No though they wont. Not until the TRL woke claque instructs them to do so, anyway.

You know what, I try not to be provocative on here and appreciate everyone's views but I have had enough.

We are supposed to be a family sport aren't we... at least that is what I was told when I was growing up sitting on the walls of Central Park watching rugby in the 1980's.

Well, opposing the use of racist language and blaming the victims of rape is not being woke, it is just being a decent human being. 

You can stand where you stand and I will stand where I stand, and I am happy to be on this side.

37 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I’m not a Daily Mail reader but it’s not like outrage is confined to them tbf, it’s everywhere these days. 

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You know what, I try not to be provocative on here and appreciate everyone's views but I have had enough.

We are supposed to be a family sport aren't we... at least that is what I was told when I was growing up sitting on the walls of Central Park watching rugby in the 1980's.

Well, opposing the use of racist language and blaming the victims of rape is not being woke, it is just being a decent human being. 

You can stand where you stand and I will stand where I stand, and I am happy to be on this side.

Can I come and stand with you, mate? Some very odd takes on a few matters on these boards over the past week. Some very predictable, others i'm genuinely shocked by. 

Yeah that's right, it's the fault of 'the mail'. 😏

Where did I say it was the fault of the Mail?

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Let's assume Hayne is completely innocent, there are better ways of supporting him and saying you believe a miscarriage of justice has occured than ranting and accusing the other party of lying. 

Agreed

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Can I come and stand with you, mate? Some very odd takes on a few matters on these boards over the past week. Some very predictable, others i'm genuinely shocked by. 

I'll be honest I'm not shocked, it does seem that in todays society if you say it's rallying against 'woke' or whatever nonsense buzzword people use that it's OK to be a dick or support dickish behaviour.

I respect Inu's right to support a friend (even one in the wrong) and even to hold the view privately that Hayne wasn't guilty.  But he wasn't there in trial to hear the evidence and at the end of the day there's been a conviction for a serious offence, which doesn't come easily.  So it's appalling to call out the victim like this.  Even if Hayne wasn't guilty, Inu's "bro" is still the kind of guy who gets drunk and sleeps with other women when his expectant fiancé is sat at home.  Nice guy.

Archived