Fax at Home

Recent form suggests that we should have a decent chance of a win this weekend but I won't be rushing to put a bet on just yet. If we have a decent squad out again and maintain our discipline (i.e. no daft penalties) then we could record our second home victory of the season.

I will indulge in a bit of uncharacteristic optimism and forecast:

Rams 26 - 16 Panthers

FTS Hall

MoM Sykes

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to the LG interview last night on YouTube it would seem that we still have some players unavailable through injury or isolating, but again, no names mentioned, so does that make the chance of victory harder?

Looking at Halifax’s team in the defeat at Oldham last Sunday, I would suggest they had a number of first choice players absent, but I don’t know whether  that was through injury, or believing they could leave some out and still win, or whether they were saving the best to tackle us this week. 

Anyway, let me be optimistic for this match (much to the relief of Silcoates I would guess) and predict:

Dewsbury 24-18 Halifax

FTS: Finn (!)

MoM: Walton

To get a victory though, we have to tackle better and close the gap on each edge, but more so, our discipline has to radically improve. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Squad for Saturday.

0001-978164920_20210507_170240_0000-1024x727.jpg

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Listening to the LG interview last night on YouTube it would seem that we still have some players unavailable through injury or isolating, but again, no names mentioned, so does that make the chance of victory harder?

Looking at Halifax’s team in the defeat at Oldham last Sunday, I would suggest they had a number of first choice players absent, but I don’t know whether  that was through injury, or believing they could leave some out and still win, or whether they were saving the best to tackle us this week. 

Anyway, let me be optimistic for this match (much to the relief of Silcoates I would guess) and predict:

Dewsbury 24-18 Halifax

To get a victory though, we have to tackle better and close the gap on each edge, but more so, our discipline has to radically improve. 

Ha! if you are optimistic CF then a win is on the cards.Looking forward to another very tough match.We must try to do a lot more on attack.Ithink our defence is pretty good.It is a shame we can't get into the ground and cheer the lads on.

Another tight game, but I think you'll edge it at home

Rams 26 Fax 16

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Dewsbury 24-18 Halifax

Heard on the grapevine that they played their first choice squad against Oldham and have decided to rest some against the rams.

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

My prediction we probably win this one to keep Grix in a job another week. On paper we look to have a good team but we have been lousy on the pitch. Dewsbury should be confident of getting a result in this one.

You should be backing your coach in these indifferent times , its also up to your so called high profile player's to perform😀😀😀

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

You should be backing your coach in these indifferent times , its also up to your so called high profile player's to perform😀😀😀

I think SG has been backed to the hilt. Your second point regarding the players though is spot on. Fax have assembled a first 17 that look as good as most in the Championship. It is up to Grix to gel them into a team capable of, at the very least, a play-off spot. Rams 14v28 Fax. 🐾🐾🐾🐾

Think we need to contest kicks near opposition line. What is the point of just chipping it to their winger or full back for an easy catch? We need to vary our attack, just too predictable. And seem to be imploding again with errors and penalties.

34 minutes ago, NickD said:

No Sam Day?   Really?  If he’s not injured we deserve to lose🤨

He is injured.

I must have missed the announcement - who was our Man of the Match?

So predictable and slow with it!

Halifax came with a game plan and stuck to it. 
Dewsbury asked “What’s a game plan?”.

Even Silcoates has now joined in with pessimism, but it is justified. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived