Fax at Home

1 hour ago, Fax Machine said:

"Poor Fax team?"    Toulouse, who I believe are the strongest team in the Championship, have only conceded 40 points so far and 34 of those were scored by Fax! Our form so far has been a bit erratic but, having lost 3 out of 5, we still have a points difference of +54 and IIRC have the 3rd best attack and the 6th best defence so far. We can't be that poor.

I thought Fax looked a good team, look like a Top 6 team. However, Rams were terrible.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I opine that the above players didn’t see eye to eye with the coach, hence their departure. 

Not true. One couldn't get properly fit again and the other two went for much more money than we were prepared to pay.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, myview said:

I agree with most of the above comments and will just add a few more:-

1) All our players have been fully committed to the games played so far and have shown toughness, effort, drive and a desire to win. It is disappointing for them as well as us the fans when they lose.  
2) The forwards are a strong capable pack but instead of playing as a pack, play as individuals. They need to start working as a group and inter passing among themselves before getting the ball out to the backs. Rarely does the ball reach the backs from single forward runs 
3)  Our wingers always seem to restart the game after a stoppage by running the ball into the opponent’s forwards in the middle of the field. Possibly the lightest and smallest player in our team running into opposition forwards seems to me to be physically dangerous. When can we give them a run down the touch line? 
4) We need to take the ball in closer to the opposition before passing, as our moves are too obvious at the moment. This is not helped by one of our halfbacks lacking pace and invariably standing still when initiating a move. Also the halfback should be one of the prime movers in the team and not playing the ball at a restart, or standing behind the play the ball and not in the attacking line. 
5) Our lack of cover on the edges is worrying as opponents seem to have realised that a quick passing move to the touch line area will invariably get round our defence. Is this just an inability to number off mainly on our right wing?
6) We need a variety of attacking moves as too many kicks to the corner are monotonous. 
7) The effort is already there. — we just need more flair.

I see that Mikey Lewis has just joined York on loan from Hull KR for a month, initially. That's the sort of loan signing I would have liked to see.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I see that Mikey Lewis has just joined York on loan from Hull KR for a month, initially. That's the sort of loan signing I would have liked to see.

You had no chance, York are hoovering them all up!

3 minutes ago, distantdog said:

You had no chance, York are hoovering them all up!

Aye, they have that many loans I'm surprised they aren't sponsored by Wonga.

10 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Off thread subject.

DR has been scrapped this season.Can someone please explain the difference between that and the new loan system.

I think it's all to do with the time the players stays with championship club now two week loan so they stay for two weeks in DR is was week by week 

e.g   FEV had Harry Newman  for a few weeks but one week leeds wanted him to play in academy grand final so was unavailable and FEV couldn't do owt about it  so  FEV got broadbent instead week later  Harry came back

If it had been  his 1st week on one of these two weeks loans FEV could have said NO

32 minutes ago, POR said:

I think it's all to do with the time the players stays with championship club now two week loan so they stay for two weeks in DR is was week by week 

e.g   FEV had Harry Newman  for a few weeks but one week leeds wanted him to play in academy grand final so was unavailable and FEV couldn't do owt about it  so  FEV got broadbent instead week later  Harry came back

If it had been  his 1st week on one of these two weeks loans FEV could have said NO

Featherstone say no to their lord & masters..... 🤔

No chance 🤔😂

11 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Off thread subject.

DR has been scrapped this season.Can someone please explain the difference between that and the new loan system.

You can only have a DR arrangement with one other SL club but can obtain loan players from any club. In previous seasons the minimum loan period was one month but that has been reduced to two weeks this season to make the system more flexible.

Also as I understand the new 2 week loan agreement, the player can't train, receive treatment, etc. with their parent club. This is to keep total separation between the two clubs while the UK is still dealing with Covid.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

8 minutes ago, coolie said:

Featherstone say no to their lord & masters..... 🤔

No chance 🤔😂

Coolie  FEV often  said no to  DR FEV would say we need a forward / back and    leeds would give FEV a list FEV would go down it and say NO NO NO YES 

Another example leeds had a forward  who  has played over 400 first team games he had been out for over a month leeds said they wanted him to get some game time FEV didn't need him as they had a lad on loan from huddersfield in that position so said NO

Funny thing couple of weeks later he was at FEV in reserves and guess what he got injured

Then there was luke briscoe  who leeds took on loan from FEV in 2018 year later came back to do the same FEV said NO if you want him you got to buy him so they did

I know it's hard for you to grasp cos you've not got a good record with DR but FEV and leeds was a  bit special  prior to covid FEV coaches were on coaching staff at leeds injured FEV  players went to and still do go to leeds  for rehab    when leeds training ground got flooded leeds trained at FEV and from 2017 to 2020 FEV have loaned leeds players  

AS for your assertation Featherstone say no to their lord & masters in reality we actally  had leeds where we wanted them

Coolie we really love it when you and others have a dig at FEV for DR shows we were doing it RIGHT

2 minutes ago, POR said:

Coolie  FEV often  said no to  DR FEV would say we need a forward / back and    leeds would give FEV a list FEV would go down it and say NO NO NO YES 

Another example leeds had a forward  who  has played over 400 first team games he had been out for over a month leeds said they wanted him to get some game time FEV didn't need him as they had a lad on loan from huddersfield in that position so said NO

Funny thing couple of weeks later he was at FEV in reserves and guess what he got injured

Then there was luke briscoe  who leeds took on loan from FEV in 2018 year later came back to do the same FEV said NO if you want him you got to buy him so they did

I know it's hard for you to grasp cos you've not got a good record with DR but FEV and leeds was a  bit special  prior to covid FEV coaches were on coaching staff at leeds injured FEV  players went to and still do go to leeds  for rehab    when leeds training ground got flooded leeds trained at FEV and from 2017 to 2020 FEV have loaned leeds players  

AS for your assertation Featherstone say no to their lord & masters in reality we actally  had leeds where we wanted them

Coolie we really love it when you and others have a dig at FEV for DR shows we were doing it RIGHT

Careful POR, you might get a nosebleed from sitting up there on that high horse.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Careful POR, you might get a nosebleed from sitting up there on that high horse.

That's true BSJ but you've got to remember we haven't always been this high

4 hours ago, POR said:

Thank you for the entertaining ditty while I had dinner... 

What would we do without you POR😁😁😁

8 hours ago, POR said:

leeds would give FEV a list FEV would go down it and say NO NO NO YES 

More like...

yes, Yes, YES... OHH YES!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

More like...

yes, Yes, YES... OHH YES!!!

If you like Piggy but instead of trying to belittle FEV's   DR extravaganza  you would be better off asking  your chairman who voted for it and rarely  used it  while FEV who voted against it milked it to it's full potential WHY

That' made  all the moaning from you and your mates taste so much sweeter as we went about our weekly DR business

On 12/05/2021 at 11:18, Fax Machine said:

"Poor Fax team?"    Toulouse, who I believe are the strongest team in the Championship, have only conceded 40 points so far and 34 of those were scored by Fax! Our form so far has been a bit erratic but, having lost 3 out of 5, we still have a points difference of +54 and IIRC have the 3rd best attack and the 6th best defence so far. We can't be that poor.

He's right though. On paper we look like we have a team that should make the top 6 but we have not played that well at all this season. Batley in the cup was awful, London could barely raise a team, Bradford the game should have been done and dusted by half time, Toulouse 1st half was the worst I have seen us play in at least a decade, Oldham was as bad as the Toulouse game, then we finally put something together against Dewsbury, who no disrespect, will be closer to relegation than they will be the top 6.

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

He's right though. On paper we look like we have a team that should make the top 6 but we have not played that well at all this season. Batley in the cup was awful, London could barely raise a team, Bradford the game should have been done and dusted by half time, Toulouse 1st half was the worst I have seen us play in at least a decade, Oldham was as bad as the Toulouse game, then we finally put something together against Dewsbury, who no disrespect, will be closer to relegation than they will be the top 6.

So 10th rather than 9th, you say?

Trailing Fax in 8th, no doubt.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So 10th rather than 9th, you say?

Trailing Fax in 8th, no doubt.

At the moment you won't be far wrong. Personally don't think we will trouble the relegation battle but we are so lax we don't look capable of the top 6. Interesting to see how Batley react now their bubble may have popped, they have easily been the over achievers so far this season.

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

At the moment you won't be far wrong. Personally don't think we will trouble the relegation battle but we are so lax we don't look capable of the top 6. Interesting to see how Batley react now their bubble may have popped, they have easily been the over achievers so far this season.

Other than the top two and possibly a bottom one, if any club starts to really struggle with injuries, I reckon that the rest of us will be much of a muchness. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't be an entertaining and enjoyable season though so long as we don't spend too much of it staring with horror at the gaping abyss. (Not you PM.)

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Other than the top two and possibly a bottom one, if any club starts to really struggle with injuries, I reckon that the rest of us will be much of a muchness. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't be an entertaining and enjoyable season though so long as we don't spend too much of it staring with horror at the gaping abyss. (Not you PM.)

One thing about the Championship its usually entertaining especailly in comparison to "Super League" where we can name the top 4 or so before a ball is kicked.

Archived