Gigot - to TO

Very good player, very good signing for Toulouse. This signing plugs a lot of gaps for TO as Gigot can play a number of positions. 

I imagine he'll cover half back, centre and full back as Khereillah has been injured recently and Ader is still out 

Also, this is a re-signing, Gigot was with Toulouse previously. 

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Very good player, very good signing for Toulouse. This signing plugs a lot of gaps for TO as Gigot can play a number of positions. 

I imagine he'll cover half back, centre and full back as Khereillah has been injured recently and Ader is still out 

Surely he was on loan from Catalans, not a fully signed TO player?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

11 hours ago, The Daddy said:

I don’t know if you’ve been watching him play for Avignon but he has been very lethargic at times, especially in defence.  I’ve never thought he was a FB though.

I am guessing that Houles thought long and hard about taking him on.  Hopefully he can show us what he can do again.

13 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Great news, the Lance Todd Winning French International will add even more flair to the 2020 Championship Champions. 

Eh, 2020 Championship Champions, there were 3 unbeaten teams M'lud, and TO had the easiest fixtures, but if it helps pacify your strange deliberations carry on.

It is hard to be certain about these things when looking from the outside in, and at a distance too.  However, the impression I have of Sylvain Houles is that he is a good man manager, as well as a sound rugby tactician.  As such, he will have thought long and hard about both the impact Gigot will have on the collective team mentality and whether he believes he can keep Gigot on the proverbial straight and narrow.

He obviously has reached a positive conclusion in his own mind on both those points.  I wish him, Gigot and TO well, in all of this.

Could be a great signing depending on which Gigot turns up,with Albert also signing they have improved their squad depth which will be needed in what looks like being a busy backend of the season.

Lets Hope Toulouse can overcome the adversities placed in their way and get to Superleague.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Check the 2020 Championship table, Toulouse finished in 1st place 

Courtesy of playing one extra game because they defaulted on playing in the Challenge cup, and if 2 of their first 6 Fixtures had included Leigh or Fev away I very much doubt they would still be unbeaten or League Leaders.

As others have said, if Gigot can play as well as he did in 2018, which would be well enough to help Toulouse top the Championship and get itself promoted so belatedly to Super League (10 years later than it should have been), then he is a good signing.

Gigot will probably play full back until Kheirallah is fit, at which point he will be moved into the centers or the halves. 

Once Toulouse are promoted into Super League, Sky must ensure that the seriously verbally challenged Phil Clarke plays no role in Sky telecasts of Toulouse matches.

29 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

As others have said, if Gigot can play as well as he did in 2018, which would be well enough to help Toulouse top the Championship and get itself promoted so belatedly to Super League (10 years later than it should have been), then he is a good signing.

Gigot will probably play full back until Kheirallah is fit, at which point he will be moved into the centers or the halves. 

Once Toulouse are promoted into Super League, Sky must ensure that the seriously verbally challenged Phil Clarke plays no role in Sky telecasts of Toulouse matches.

It isn't just Phil Clarke, MM.  There are others (and on the BBC too) who are poor in the pronunciation of French players' names.  I note that Paul Seguier's surname is the latest to cause some difficulty.  First names - Paul, Benjamin, etc - are routinely pronounced in an English way.

Just now, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

It isn't just Phil Clarke, MM.  There are others (and on the BBC too) who are poor in the pronunciation of French players' names.  I note that Paul Seguier's surname is the latest to cause some difficulty.  First names - Paul, Benjamin, etc - are routinely pronounced in an English way.

It’s no wonder French taxi drivers don’t understand them.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Toulouse's press release stated he was a replacement for Ben Reynolds which indicates he'll play in the halves, but if Khereillah's injury situation persists don't be surprised to see him play there also 

6 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Toulouse's press release stated he was a replacement for Ben Reynolds which indicates he'll play in the halves, but if Khereillah's injury situation persists don't be surprised to see him play there also 

That’s a shame because he’s a poor half.

When he’s on form he’s a good full back but I still think that if he had stuck it out at centre where he started at Catalans he would have been one of the best in SL.

10 hours ago, damp squib said:

That’s a shame because he’s a poor half.

When he’s on form he’s a good full back but I still think that if he had stuck it out at centre where he started at Catalans he would have been one of the best in SL.

The dude almost went to court with the coach because he wanted the fullback spot. He doesn't want to play centre. 

15 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

The dude almost went to court with the coach because he wanted the fullback spot. He doesn't want to play centre. 

Mark Kheirallah has been a key part of Toulouse's success for many seasons. I am sure that Gigot will not get the full back spot once Kheirallah is fit again.

If Gigot was signed to play in the halves, then that is where Gigot will ultimately play. Gigot surely knows that he cannot pressure the coach, who has given him a professional career lifeline, on the matter of which position he will play.

i

On 08/05/2021 at 10:29, Harry Stottle said:

Eh, 2020 Championship Champions, there were 3 unbeaten teams M'lud, and TO had the easiest fixtures, but if it helps pacify your strange deliberations carry on.

As Leeds aren't breaking any pots at the moment, he will cling on to anything.

22 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

They haven't been promoted yet because they haven't earned it on the field. 

Archived