Rob Burrow Article

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Lovely article about Rob and his wife Lindsey in the Guardian, well worth a read. The positivity and refusal to feel sorry for himself is amazing, what a wonderful human being he is....

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/may/07/rob-and-lindsey-burrow

I feared the worst when I saw the topic.

I'll now read the article.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Derwent changed the title to Rob Burrow Article

I struggled to read the whole article, I will have to do in bits, hang on I just did.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

What can you say after reading that? I only hope I’d have half the resilience, and half that woman’s support 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Excellent article. 

Great bloke with a wonderful wife.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As an Australian I have always enjoyed watching him play the game and have had the highest respect for his ability and what he brought to a game.

It is extremely sad to see him struck down by this condition.

I admire his outlook and wish him all the best in his battle.

His Wife is a beautiful Lady and I hope she has a good support network around her with friends and family. 

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

What a guy he his. His wife is also an inspiration as well, there for him 24/7. I read the article, it was inspiring, his mental strength amazing . By the end I had a massive lump in the throat. I hope that when the inevitable happens that the circle of friends they do have support her, I'm certain that they will. Its easy to use the word legend but in Rob it rings true, Rob Burrow -LEGEND!. 

Archived