We can all rest easy now for 8 days.

RogerT

the lads deserve the eight days of rest before the fancies from London, shame we are not allowed into the stadium yet to greet the lads. 

If you were allowed back in what do you imagine the capacity would be?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

No Birstall Dog, they are full time so Monday at our place would be no hardship, Monday at theirs is like a punishment for Batley, it's all mind games.

6 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

1,000 (20% capacity)

I believe that you would be seriously disappointed if what I hear is correct.

20% isn't a guaranteed number just a maximum that might be permitted, all other things being equal. The decision lies with Kirklees who issue the ground safety licences and they will first consult with whatever guidelines are released by government towards the end of this week.

There are some suggestions, for example, that some LA's will only permit seated spectators - this would be fine at, say the John Smiths stadium but much less so at MP, Tetley's Stadium, the Shay etc.

We all await the outcomes and outrage with bated breath.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, RogerT said:

No Birstall Dog, they are full time so Monday at our place would be no hardship, Monday at theirs is like a punishment for Batley, it's all mind games.

Despite the fact that you agreed to switch your game to Friday this weekend, in order to help out Sheffield, it is interesting to read that they have refused to switch the game against Halifax to the Monday with Tubby citing "player welfare" as the reason.

32 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

1,000 (20% capacity)

FEV are playing Oldham on the 17 th  and council are allowing just over 1600 which is round about about 18% of total capacity

2 hours ago, BirstallDog said:

It would be great to get back into MP again.

However, if the fixture was in London, would we want to change the day from Sunday to Monday?

The fixture is not in London so it does not come in to the equation, London have a full time squad so it should not be a problem and would help Batley financially. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

6 hours ago, RogerT said:

the lads deserve the eight days of rest before the fancies from London, shame we are not allowed into the stadium yet to greet the lads. 

The boys are doing allreet Roger...great to see!

4 hours ago, ernieone said:

The fixture is not in London so it does not come in to the equation, London have a full time squad so it should not be a problem and would help Batley financially. 

Both clubs have to agree and, clearly, London have not done so. What would be their motivation for changing?

And also the surnames are different, that's twice this season the team sheet produced by the home club as been wrong and called them both Buchanan.

It's a good job we know better.

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

Perhaps to help a fellow championship club financially, to play in front of a crowd rather than in a empty ground, to give rugby supporters a chance to see a live game.

And to give themselves one day less for recovery and treatment. There is no motivation at all for them to switch the fixture.

8 hours ago, POR said:

FEV are playing Oldham on the 17 th  and council are allowing just over 1600 which is round about about 18% of total capacity

Bit over 18% if the Clubs' website is to be believed: 7500 (5000 seats + 2500 standing), although those numbers are probably 'rounded'. I'd guess the allowed capacity will be 25% of seating capacity.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

And to give themselves one day less for recovery and treatment. There is no motivation at all for them to switch the fixture.

So its fine for London but you criticise "Tubby" for doing the same thing.

As I said helping a fellow Championship Club is a big motivation.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

4 hours ago, RogerT said:

And also the surnames are different, that's twice this season the team sheet produced by the home club as been wrong and called them both Buchanan.

It's a good job we know better.

Maybe if you ask Jodie Broughton when you can... he’s actually a Buchanan which he’s registered with the RFL... 

he’s step brother with Jamie Jones Buchanan 

20 hours ago, ernieone said:

So its fine for London but you criticise "Tubby" for doing the same thing.

As I said helping a fellow Championship Club is a big motivation.

No. I pointed out that Halifax requested that Batley move their fixture, which you agree to do, but then refused a similar request from another club.

Have London asked anyone else to move any fixtures?

21 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Bit over 18% if the Clubs' website is to be believed: 7500 (5000 seats + 2500 standing), although those numbers are probably 'rounded'. I'd guess the allowed capacity will be 25% of seating capacity.

Yep. Seating capacity is the key, I understand.

On 08/05/2021 at 13:35, ernieone said:

The fixture is not in London so it does not come in to the equation,

My apologies, I was under the impression that London played their home games at Plough Lane, the AFC Wimbledon ground?

Archived