We can all rest easy now for 8 days.

RogerT

10 hours ago, BirstallDog said:

My apologies, I was under the impression that London played their home games at Plough Lane, the AFC Wimbledon ground?

They haven't done so far.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 08/05/2021 at 10:39, ernieone said:

Even bigger question is why London refused to play Monday to enable this.

Sheffield have done the same for Fax's game. Absolutely incredible attitude after all that's gone on. 🤬

Championship

BATLEY BULLDOGS V LONDON BRONCOS

Saturday 15th May
The Fox's Biscuit Stadium | KO : 14:00

Referee T. Grant
Touch Judge 1 G. Jones
Touch Judge 2 H. Neville
Reserve Referee N. Horton
Time Keeper D. Mitchell

IMG_0583.JPG

On 08/05/2021 at 10:39, ernieone said:

Even bigger question is why London refused to play Monday to enable this.

Think London have missed a trick here especially since they are full time, if they had agreed to play Monday , ours lads will have to done a days graft before playing where as theirs wont have , so lets hope its back fired on them and we give them a stuffing.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

On 10/05/2021 at 19:28, Ainley Top said:

Sheffield have done the same for Fax's game. Absolutely incredible attitude after all that's gone on. 🤬

REALLY 

Two Sheffield players have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last three days, and a further five players have been identified as close contacts.

That takes the Eagles to the minimum number of seven players being ruled out for Covid-related reasons which permits the postponement of a fixture under the RFL’s Covid-19 policy.

In addition, the club have postponed their scheduled training sessions for the rest of this week.

Ask yourself why would they want to postpone if they didn't have to;looking at your team I would have thought tubby would fancy an easy win 

33 minutes ago, POR said:

REALLY 

Two Sheffield players have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last three days, and a further five players have been identified as close contacts.

That takes the Eagles to the minimum number of seven players being ruled out for Covid-related reasons which permits the postponement of a fixture under the RFL’s Covid-19 policy.

In addition, the club have postponed their scheduled training sessions for the rest of this week.

Ask yourself why would they want to postpone if they didn't have to;looking at your team I would have thought tubby would fancy an easy win 

Sheffield didn’t want to play Monday when Fax asked due to player welfare nothing to do with covid 

Then Batley need to be very rigourus with our testing I'm not suggesting they are not, but it's frightening to think we only played them 4 days ago not including today.  

12 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Sheffield didn’t want to play Monday when Fax asked due to player welfare nothing to do with covid 

I'm at a loss please tell me what has sheffield not wanting to swap to monday got to do with a game on sunday being postponed due to covid

1 hour ago, POR said:

I'm at a loss please tell me what has sheffield not wanting to swap to monday got to do with a game on sunday being postponed due to covid

Nowt. Sheffield refused weeks ago to move the Fax game 24 hours to allow fans in. The alleged virus situation causing Sunday's postponement arose this week. 🙄

On 11/05/2021 at 22:14, Ainley Top said:

Nowt. Sheffield refused weeks ago to move the Fax game 24 hours to allow fans in. The alleged virus situation causing Sunday's postponement arose this week. 🙄

Exactly AT but it's been mentioned on here and the main forum after sunday's game was postponed😀

Just as an aside, when we beat Broncos at The Mount in 2016 who was the Aussie half-back they'd just brought in for the run- in and play-offs?

14 minutes ago, phildog said:

Just as an aside, when we beat Broncos at The Mount in 2016 who was the Aussie half-back they'd just brought in for the run- in and play-offs?

I was trying to remember his name the other day. He was touted as a real coup for them, and he may have been. However, i have only two memories of him from that match - 1. He had a very unique goal kicking style, and 2. I remember him ending up on his backside along with three of his teammates as Brambani skipped past him to score a brilliant try.

After some research, was it Jamie Soward?

Archived