A couple of clubs in the Championship have switched their fixtures next week to the 17th in anticipation of getting spectators in and boosting this with a continuation of an OuRLeague feed. Unfortunately Sky have decided to broadcast the Warrington game, also on the 17th and, I understand, have refused to permit any OuRLeague transmissions on that same evening.

Add to this the complete unknown of what capacities the clubs might be permitted and this looks like another major disappointment for a couple of Championship clubs and, not least their fans.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

A couple of clubs in the Championship have switched their fixtures next week to the 17th in anticipation of getting spectators in and boosting this with a continuation of an OuRLeague feed. Unfortunately Sky have decided to broadcast the Warrington game, also on the 17th and, I understand, have refused to permit any OuRLeague transmissions on that same evening.

Add to this the complete unknown of what capacities the clubs might be permitted and this looks like another major disappointment for a couple of Championship clubs and, not least their fans.

I think the Warrington game was scheduled on the Monday ahead of any championship clubs moving the fixtures. I wonder if they checked all this out before moving. 

it is a shame, next year we hopefully won’t see any of these issues now TV deals have been separated 

1 hour ago, Andrew Young said:

Among the many directives you have to follow if attending a game, this is my favourite- 

'At all times, even if your team scores, avoid singing, shouting, hugs, handshakes, high-fives etc.]

No problem for Rugby League fans. They'll be sitting, scowling, with their arms crossed, moaning about a possible forward pass from twenty minutes earlier which had no bearing on the game's result.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

No problem for Rugby League fans. They'll be sitting, scowling, with their arms crossed, moaning about a possible forward pass from twenty minutes earlier which had no bearing on the game's result.

Do you sit behind me???🤣

2 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Are away fans going to be allowed in for the games on the 17th? I've heard different reports.

Fev's official announcement mentions any remaining capacity after allocation of places to season ticket holders will go on general sale. No mention that away fans wouldn't be able to purchase. 

Should there be capacity remaining, we will release these on general sale on the morning of Tuesday 11th May at 9am. 

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/return-of-fans-daymN 

Archived