Challenge Cup semi-final Draw

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

My guess is 3600 for the teams and 400 for sponsors etc to make the magic 4k

I'm wondering if that's the limit no matter the venues that were available.  Stand alone games may have been the better option.

They say in the Q&A that the triple header was the only way to guarantee BBC coverage of all three games.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

4000 is the limit. To be fair, 4000 at Leigh will look and sound better than 4000 at Wigan, Leeds, Huddersfield, Notlob etc.

Maybe it is only 2400 they are allowing in, only the 3 seated sides are being utilised from next week for the Wigan game, I am a season ticket holder in the standing section - North Stand - and I have been allocated a seat in the East Stand which I am told is for 4 games to comply with regulations, those 4 games go past the date of the semi's.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe it is only 2400 they are allowing in, only the 3 seated sides are being utilised from next week for the Wigan game, I am a season ticket holder in the standing section - North Stand - and I have been allocated a seat in the East Stand which I am told is for 4 games to comply with regulations, those 4 games go past the date of the semi's.

Ah. In that case, it's a sh*t choice :kolobok_laugh1:

On 08/05/2021 at 18:32, Man of Kent said:

Where do we think they’ll be played? Headingley? Wigan? Notlob?

Could be played in a car park just south of Maidstone if no one is allowed in, would it matter if it is a huge stadium, with nobody in attendance?

As in SL, St Helens lead the current Shortest Distance To F***ing Travel to Leigh Sports Village League table :

1. St Helens 11 miles

2. Warrington Wolves 14 miles

3. Castleford Tigers 60 miles

4. Hull FC 107 miles

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

As in SL, St Helens lead the current Shortest Distance To F***ing Travel to Leigh Sports Village League table :

1. St Helens 11 miles

4. Hull FC 107 miles

Would have thought Warringtons just as close. 

I live south of the Mersey and it’s only 15 mins to Gods Green Acre 😂

1 hour ago, Mattrhino said:

Some Leigh Councillor must have something on the RFL because the amount we use that stadium is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous , it has everything needed to have a televised triple header in a covid pandemic , anyway it doesn't really matter , you wouldn't have been attending anyway , would you ? 😀

1. St Helens 11 miles

4. Hull FC 107 miles

Nowt like getting the excuses in early,dear me.

1. St Helens 11 miles

4. Hull FC 107 miles

What you probably don't realise Rob is that the Warrington boundary is only a few hundred meters from the LSV.

The RFL have apparently said one reason it was selected is because of the proximity of the clubs involved.

Do it's on the doorstep of two clubs, one has to travel an hour and the other two. Doesn't seem like fairness was considered in this regard.

600 fans each is an insult quite frankly.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Would have thought Warringtons just as close. 

I live south of the Mersey and it’s only 15 mins to Gods Green Acre 😂

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What you probably don't realise Rob is that the Warrington boundary is only a few hundred meters from the LSV.

Just what we need, another Leigh and Warrington boundary thread after the million posts on the George Williams thread.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

33 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Nowt like getting the excuses in early,dear me.

Now this is very interesting...excuses for what?

After around 40 years, in 2016 I stopped being a season passholder at Hull FC because I objected to the way the club was being run and also having Lee Radford as our coach. I have still attended every home game and the vast majority of away games since that time.

So, I have little chance of being able to buy a ticket for this game, much as I would like to as, quite rightly, season pass holders get first dibs.

So I don't need to get any excuses in early for not attending as I won't be able to, wherever it is played.

Remember the semi final in Doncaster in 2016? Being a Hull fan,  I was there, with you being a Wigan fan, I would put a large amount of money that you weren't.

So, what possible reason could I have for "getting the excuses in early"?

Hull FC will no doubt travel the night before or very early on Saturday so they will be ready for the game and, win or lose, there will be no excuses due to how far they had to travel.

Anyway, you must be gutted that your lot ain't in the semi finals now they're being played in a suburb of Wigan.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

If it's been chosen because it can stage three games why haven't they used it when no crowd's were allowed, seems strange logic or normal for RL should that be.

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

After around 40 years, in 2016 I stopped being a season passholder at Hull FC because I objected to the way the club was being run and also having Lee Radford as our coach. I have still attended every home game and the vast majority of away games since that time.

So, I have little chance of being able to buy a ticket for this game, much as I would like to as, quite rightly, season pass holders get first dibs.

So I don't need to get any excuses in early for not attending as I won't be able to, wherever it is played.

Remember the semi final in Doncaster in 2016? Being a Hull fan,  I was there, with you being a Wigan fan, I would put a large amount of money that you weren't.

Hull FC will no doubt travel the night before or very early on Saturday so they will be ready for the game and, win or lose, there will be no excuses due to how far they had to travel.

Anyway, you must be gutted that your lot ain't in the semi finals now they're being played in a suburb of Wigan.

Dav lives in or very close to Whithaven Rob.

7 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

If it's been chosen because it can stage three games why haven't they used it when no crowd's were allowed, seems strange logic or normal for RL should that be.

Always thought that Man U may have had some input with the LSV management in protecting the ground for the Ladies, I agree in the lockdown when fans where not allowed to attend, the facilities at the LSV with multiple changing rooms would have been a good choice, and to those in the know the playing surface is as good as anything in the country at any sport.

16 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Stick & wrong end comes to mind 

40 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

The women's football season has ended now 

Archived