Fringe Players

Drigdog

Now that League 1 has started up again, do you think that some of our fringe players should be given a few games out on loan, to bring them up to speed. With Ineson, Senior, Hogg,  Sanderson and Rettie hardily having had any game time, apart from the friendlies, sending a couple of them on loan might help. Plus it would give Craig an idea as to how they are progressing.

6 hours ago, Drigdog said:

Now that League 1 has started up again, do you think that some of our fringe players should be given a few games out on loan, to bring them up to speed. With Ineson, Senior, Hogg,  Sanderson and Rettie hardily having had any game time, apart from the friendlies, sending a couple of them on loan might help. Plus it would give Craig an idea as to how they are progressing.

I doubt we will loan out fringe players, they will be there to cover injuries, 

i  don't think we have a huge Squad. time will tell

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 hours ago, RPH said:

I doubt we will loan out fringe players, they will be there to cover injuries, 

i  don't think we have a huge Squad. time will tell

But don't load deals usually include a call-back clause, in case of injury within the parent club?

I'd rather our guys had some game-time (and some winning pay) instead of getting splinters in their backsides from sitting on the bench...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

17 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

But don't load deals usually include a call-back clause, in case of injury within the parent club?

I'd rather our guys had some game-time (and some winning pay) instead of getting splinters in their backsides from sitting on the bench...

As an aside we have already lost three players from the Dewsbury squad due to not getting 1st team opportunities. Players want to play and, if they can't, might leave. This applies to all Championship clubs striving to keep squad members happy.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 11/05/2021 at 18:24, phildog said:

Who's gone BSJ?

Abram, Chapman-Smith and Scott.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived