Todays Games

RPH

92 points scored at Dewsbury...

What were they playing, tennis!!🤪

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RogerT said:

No you can only score 40 at tennis lol.

Technically speaking Roger,  you can score 80 at Tennis...Deuce. 🤭

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Dewsbury Rams 24 Featherstone Rovers 68
London Broncos 46 Whitehaven RLFC 12
Newcastle Thunder 40 Oldham 6
Swinton Lions 4 Halifax Panthers 34
York City Knights 20 Batley Bulldogs 22
Widnes Vikings 30 Sheffield Eagles 20

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

No you can only score 40 at tennis lol.

not like you at all Roger, behave yourself.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Cracking result today for you. 

It was, very gutsy from us. York have all the talents but seemed a bit soft up the middle. If they could get a decent and settled half back partnership, they will really get results that their potential deserves.

Looks like York won't make the top six now I reckon. I wonder what Ford's excuse was this week?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

15 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Looks like York won't make the top six now I reckon. I wonder what Ford's excuse was this week?

Apparently he thought they were the best team by a country mile up at Whitehaven. They were undone by a funny bounce of the ball.

Featherstone Rovers 68 Newcastle Thunder 12

Batley Bulldogs 12 Halifax Panthers 22
Bradford Bulls RLFC 12 Widnes Vikings 25
London Broncos 38 Swinton Lions 24
Oldham 4 Dewsbury Rams 18
Whitehaven RLFC 37 York City Knights 12
Sheffield Eagles 6 Toulouse Olympique XIII 54

I think we are where York thought they'd be and Dewsbury are where we knew they'd be 😉

Some big games coming up and looking at the table its going to be so close for the remaining positions in the 6. most of the challengers you can see them winning 7 or 8 games but I think Batley are probably in most danger as their fixtures look tougher than the others. Beat Bradford on Sunday though and that probably means you also win 7 or 8. There will be a mad scramble come end of the season as I think most teams will prefer a trip to PO road rather than France.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Some big games coming up and looking at the table its going to be so close for the remaining positions in the 6. most of the challengers you can see them winning 7 or 8 games but I think Batley are probably in most danger as their fixtures look tougher than the others. Beat Bradford on Sunday though and that probably means you also win 7 or 8. There will be a mad scramble come end of the season as I think most teams will prefer a trip to PO road rather than France.

Really TBO  FEV unbeaten scoring 256 against  42 so enjoy your trip over 5th sep  😆 but that could be a mute point oldham game in france this week been cancelled

I think Widnes are the beneficiaries in the promotion race they  only have play TO and FEV once 

2 hours ago, POR said:

Really TBO  FEV unbeaten scoring 256 against  42 so enjoy your trip over 5th sep  😆 but that could be a mute point oldham game in france this week been cancelled

I think Widnes are the beneficiaries in the promotion race they  only have play TO and FEV once 

Obviously the logistics of a trip to France are far easier than a trip to PO Road. The only thing that might work in teams favour is a 4th place finish presuming that Toulouse top the league, but than are not able to play the game in France. Other than that having played both teams I know which I'd fancy our chances against more.

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Obviously the logistics of a trip to France are far easier than a trip to PO Road. The only thing that might work in teams favour is a 4th place finish presuming that Toulouse top the league, but than are not able to play the game in France. Other than that having played both teams I know which I'd fancy our chances against more.

Obviously that would be TO TBO  by all accounts you took them to the cleaners in the second half and if there had been a bit more time on the clock you would have won where as FEV's defence was always on top and you never looked like winning 

5 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think we are where York thought they'd be and Dewsbury are where we knew they'd be 😉

Oh yes, we would settle for 8th.

Will you finish 3rd?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It's unlikely BSJ, resources are looking a bit thin at the moment and form seems to have dipped somewhat. As always luck will no doubt play it's part but we'll have more idea after next week I reckon.  Whatever happens, we have had a good start to the season and some very entertaining moments.

On 29/06/2021 at 13:28, POR said:

Obviously that would be TO TBO  by all accounts you took them to the cleaners in the second half and if there had been a bit more time on the clock you would have won where as FEV's defence was always on top and you never looked like winning 

Toulouse destroyed us then got back on the plane in the second half, against Fev we had a few decisions went against us but we always looked in the game. Toulouse looked the better team and have a huge advantage over Fev in been able to keep players fresh only playing every other week.

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Toulouse destroyed us then got back on the plane in the second half, against Fev we had a few decisions went against us but we always looked in the game. Toulouse looked the better team and have a huge advantage over Fev in been able to keep players fresh only playing every other week.

And a massive disadvantage in having to fly in and out for every game whilst isolating at home afterwards. Whoever wins it will be strictly on merit, in my opinion.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

But don't forge TBO fewer games means when SL comes  a calling they may be lacking in something often referred to as match fitness

"His lack of match fitness became apparent by the second half."

5 minutes ago, POR said:

But don't forge TBO fewer games means when SL comes  a calling they may be lacking in something often referred to as match fitness

Id much rather be lacking in match fitness than having to take injections to get through a game to be honest. I do think they will be selective over what games they play later in the season just to make sure they have enough games for % to count rather than points. FWIW I would rather Fev go up this season I think they deserve a shot but I just think the cards are stacked in Toulouse favour at the moment.

15 minutes ago, POR said:

Clutching at straws POR. Full-time training and conditioning will be better than part-time training a patched-up team.

51 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Clutching at straws POR. Full-time training and conditioning will be better than part-time training a patched-up team.

Full-time training and conditioning goes a long way but and you will know BSJ training is a lot different to playing and all what you've done off the pitch goes out of the window   when you get on the pitch and start taking heavy hits that your bodies not used to  and when they keep coming  you'll soon need to be patched up

58 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Id much rather be lacking in match fitness than having to take injections to get through a game to be honest. I do think they will be selective over what games they play later in the season just to make sure they have enough games for % to count rather than points. FWIW I would rather Fev go up this season I think they deserve a shot but I just think the cards are stacked in Toulouse favour at the moment.

That's true TBO   according to reports they need 17 games to  qualify for playoff  that's 11 in the  uk  and 6 others from games scheduled for france they've played 2 widnes and swinton so need 4  more luckily  they have four left from 24th july so hopefully they can all be played at the right time funny thing is they play both FAX and RAMS at home in this period so you and BSJ will have a hand in the demise of TO🤣

Archived