Todays Games

RPH

51 minutes ago, POR said:

That's true TBO   according to reports they need 17 games to  qualify for playoff  that's 11 in the  uk  and 6 others from games scheduled for france they've played 2 widnes and swinton so need 4  more luckily  they have four left from 24th july so hopefully they can all be played at the right time funny thing is they play both FAX and RAMS at home in this period so you and BSJ will have a hand in the demise of TO🤣

Im not exactly sure on their minimum number of games they have to play but I know their points will stand whatever happens. Ive a feeling they will be very tactical as to how they approach the end of the season.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im not exactly sure on their minimum number of games they have to play but I know their points will stand whatever happens. Ive a feeling they will be very tactical as to how they approach the end of the season.

Had another look  TBO and it's 16 not 17 so FAX may miss out😀

"Clubs will be required to have played 70% of their league fixtures (16 out of 22 in the Betfred Championship) to qualify for the play-offs." 

3 hours ago, POR said:

Full-time training and conditioning goes a long way but and you will know BSJ training is a lot different to playing and all what you've done off the pitch goes out of the window   when you get on the pitch and start taking heavy hits that your bodies not used to  and when they keep coming  you'll soon need to be patched up

That's true TBO   according to reports they need 17 games to  qualify for playoff  that's 11 in the  uk  and 6 others from games scheduled for france they've played 2 widnes and swinton so need 4  more luckily  they have four left from 24th july so hopefully they can all be played at the right time funny thing is they play both FAX and RAMS at home in this period so you and BSJ will have a hand in the demise of TO🤣

I very much doubt that either team will be able to play, even after July 19th as I can't see the travel restrictions into the UK being relaxed. I can't see the RFL being rigid about this required number of games either, as they did indicate at the time that things might change. Most likely they will decide at the last minute that P&R can't operate this season after all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I very much doubt that either team will be able to play, even after July 19th as I can't see the travel restrictions into the UK being relaxed. I can't see the RFL being rigid about this required number of games either, as they did indicate at the time that things might change. Most likely they will decide at the last minute that P&R can't operate this season after all.

Wouldn't surprise me BSJ after all we all know the RFL couldn't organise a proverbial in a brewery

1 minute ago, POR said:

Wouldn't surprise me BSJ after all we all know the RFL couldn't organise a proverbial in a brewery

To be fair POR, they didn't organise Covid. I know that many fans will blame the RFL when their gravy won't thicken but blaming them for this would be pushing it a bit too far, even for a 'Capper.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

To be fair POR, they didn't organise Covid. I know that many fans will blame the RFL when their gravy won't thicken but blaming them for this would be pushing it a bit too far, even for a 'Capper.

Never THOUGHT for ONE minute they did and to suggest that is beyond the pale I was merely commentating on HOW Rugby League has been run over  a number of years but you're perfectly entitled to disagree

18 hours ago, POR said:

Never THOUGHT for ONE minute they did and to suggest that is beyond the pale I was merely commentating on HOW Rugby League has been run over  a number of years but you're perfectly entitled to disagree

I do, as do the majority of Championship chairmen who have said that the efforts of the RFL in assisting and guiding clubs through this ongoing crisis have been exemplary. It is easy to use the RFL as the whipping dogs for all of your perceived problems but it is also lazy and wrong. The vast majority of RL fans if faced with the issues that have faced the RFL over the years would walk away defeated after five minutes.

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I do, as do the majority of Championship chairmen who have said that the efforts of the RFL in assisting and guiding clubs through this ongoing crisis have been exemplary. It is easy to use the RFL as the whipping dogs for all of your perceived problems but it is also lazy and wrong. The vast majority of RL fans if faced with the issues that have faced the RFL over the years would walk away defeated after five minutes.

I totally agree   BSJ  what they have done for the game this year needs to be applauded they could have  said no part time rugby can be played  but didn't and my FEV are  going great guns for which I will be eternally grateful to them for allowing it

I think you have misunderstood  me  BSJ my initial posting  was based on the assumption of "Most likely they will decide at the last minute that P&R can't operate this season after all." and I think last minute could still be classed as a proverbial in the brewery

Toulouse Olympique XIII Covid Oldham
Featherstone Rovers 63 London Broncos 14

Bradford Bulls 30 Batley Bulldogs 16
Dewsbury Rams 18 Sheffield Eagles 18
Whitehaven 36 Swinton Lions 22
York City Knights 26 Newcastle Thunder 28
Halifax Panthers 17 Widnes Vikings 16

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Halifax Panthers 14 Whitehaven RLFC 4
Batley Bulldogs 12 Toulouse Olympique XIII 32
London Broncos 50 York City Knights 20
Newcastle Thunder 24 Dewsbury Rams 12
Oldham 22 Bradford Bulls RLFC 54
Swinton Lions 22 Sheffield Eagles 30
Widnes Vikings 10 Featherstone Rovers 32

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Is Ford still there?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 30/06/2021 at 16:29, POR said:

Had another look  TBO and it's 16 not 17 so FAX may miss out😀

"Clubs will be required to have played 70% of their league fixtures (16 out of 22 in the Betfred Championship) to qualify for the play-offs." 

Toulouse are effectively exempt from actually having to play 16 if games are postponed due to Covid. They've currently played 8 + the walkover London game and (I think) 4 postponements due to Covid so possible that they need to only play (or have postponed) another 3 to meet the criteria.

With clubs required to have played in 70% of their scheduled fixtures to be eligible for the top six play-offs, the Board have also ruled that Toulouse matches postponed as a result of the current quarantine regulations will not count as postponed for either Toulouse or their opponents – so that neither are penalised for circumstances beyond their control.

16 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Toulouse are effectively exempt from actually having to play 16 if games are postponed due to Covid. They've currently played 8 + the walkover London game and (I think) 4 postponements due to Covid so possible that they need to only play (or have postponed) another 3 to meet the criteria.

With clubs required to have played in 70% of their scheduled fixtures to be eligible for the top six play-offs, the Board have also ruled that Toulouse matches postponed as a result of the current quarantine regulations will not count as postponed for either Toulouse or their opponents – so that neither are penalised for circumstances beyond their control.

I think that hasn't quite dawned on a lot of people yet and I suspect there will be a lot of gnashing of teeth, even though it's manifestly fair.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think that hasn't quite dawned on a lot of people yet and I suspect there will be a lot of gnashing of teeth, even though it's manifestly fair.

I've posted it several times but seems some aren’t taking it in. And it's certainly fair as it's not specific to Toulouse with every other club covered by the same Covid postponement rule 

37 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

At this point its really only going to possibly affect a two or three teams. Obviously any team that has to travel to France  to play them when rivals dont, which at the moment does not look like its going to happen, and Fev who will basically have a decider against a fresh Toulouse team to see who tops the league. It obviously could hurt Toulouse come the playoffs because one way or another they will be made to play those games and will have to give up home advantage unless they fall fortunate and have to play London.

52 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

At this point its really only going to possibly affect a two or three teams. Obviously any team that has to travel to France  to play them when rivals dont, which at the moment does not look like its going to happen, and Fev who will basically have a decider against a fresh Toulouse team to see who tops the league. It obviously could hurt Toulouse come the playoffs because one way or another they will be made to play those games and will have to give up home advantage unless they fall fortunate and have to play London.

I was speaking to a few of the Toulouse players yesterday it was there hardest 40 minutes yesterday they’ve played this year Sylvian was glad we weren’t a full strength with our new loans playing also...

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I've posted it several times but seems some aren’t taking it in. And it's certainly fair as it's not specific to Toulouse with every other club covered by the same Covid postponement rule 

To be fair don't think people are looking at the amount of games TO or anyone has played or will play but look at table and see positions based on WP% and DIF % and would assume that's how it will end up

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I was speaking to a few of the Toulouse players yesterday it was there hardest 40 minutes yesterday they’ve played this year Sylvian was glad we weren’t a full strength with our new loans playing also...

They are really nice lads and say the same thing to every team that they play.

7 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

How many halfs of rugby have they lost this season I wonder?

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

How many points do you get for winning a half?

45 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Doesn't matter really as I said to my old man it’s all about an 80 minute performance - as we saw 3 weeks ago against you lot both were poor coming down the slope 

number 23 for Toulouse sangare won’t be long before he’s in SL with Catalans if somehow Toulouse don’t go up... he carried the ball strong with 3 - 4 men around him every time - I bet every coach would want there 4 props interchanging every 20 minutes of the game in Casty, Hanson Garbutt and Sangare ( Gigot and Ford) have a field day... 

Scary thing is they look to be on a different level to Fev and been able to keep their players fresh is a huge advantage. Imagine having a team that strong and only having to play every other week. While every other team in the league is down to their bare bones Toulouse can avoid players playing with injuries and it will be huge for them come the end of the season.

League wise its a big game for both teams in the mid week clash. Dewsbury can make themselves safe and Batley really need to win to keep their top 6 hopes going. Newcastle sneaking up there as well and it looks to be a 3 horse race for the last spot between Batley, Newcastle and Widnes.

Archived