Todays Games

RPH

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

I think he is Ernie , I actually think he is

You are right, I am. I wouldn't go as far as saying guarenteed as I mention elsewhere things can change very quickly but looking at the remaining fixtures I would be very surprised if the top 5 at the moment didn't end up in the top 6 come the end of the season. I said a few weeks back Batley had what look to be by far the toughest run in and they needed to win either the Fax or Bradford game which I thought would give them a great chance of the top 6.

I see Batley winning about 6 more games come the end of the season. Fax would have to fall apart not to win at least 4 more games given the fixtures so I really only see London falling out of that top 5 and they look to have at least 5 games with a good chance of them winning.

Fair comment on a normal season you could be right but RL seems to be unpredictable this season mostly beyond clubs control.

Apart from the top 2, I would think Batley can beat the rest, It would be a big effort but bring it on. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

49 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Fair comment on a normal season you could be right but RL seems to be unpredictable this season mostly beyond clubs control.

Apart from the top 2, I would think Batley can beat the rest, It would be a big effort but bring it on. 

No doubt about it and injuries will play a big part but like I say thats just my opinion at the moment, Fax lose their next two which are a tricky away game against Sheffield and a home game against Bradford and we will be dragged in to fighting for the last place. Same goes for Bradford, 2 losses against Fev and Fax and it will be them under pressure. Its a quality league.

10 hours ago, Dog forever said:

I'm sure it is 1 point for each half, cos come Thurs we will get 2 points . am I right  .

I don't believe that you are. 

Nobody gets points this season. 

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, ernieone said:

You could well be right, of course. However some commentators have noted that Batley have failed so far to beat any of the teams that were above them at any particular point. 

Random statistics win matches, as we all know.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

29 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

You could well be right, of course. However some commentators have noted that Batley have failed so far to beat any of the teams that were above them at any particular point. 

Fancy a tenner bet on Thursday?

So because some commentators say we have not beaten a team above us that means we can't beat them?

I am sure these commentators probably said we would not win the Northern Rail Cup or would not get to the Championship final or going further back that Dewsbury would not win the first division championship.

We have only fax (a) Fev (h) and Toulouse ? (a) to play from the teams above us.

Next two matches Dewsbury (a) and Newcastle (h), win them and we are back in the mix.

As I said it would be a big effort so  "bring it on"

On 13/07/2021 at 22:32, Blind side johnny said:

So is tonight nailed on win with rams been below us.

On 14/07/2021 at 09:03, ernieone said:

So because some commentators say we have not beaten a team above us that means we can't beat them?

I am sure these commentators probably said we would not win the Northern Rail Cup or would not get to the Championship final or going further back that Dewsbury would not win the first division championship.

We have only fax (a) Fev (h) and Toulouse ? (a) to play from the teams above us.

Next two matches Dewsbury (a) and Newcastle (h), win them and we are back in the mix.

As I said it would be a big effort so  "bring it on"

Ooh, touchy Ernie!!

Would it have helped if I had put a smiley on my post?

Dewsbury Rams 10 Batley Bulldogs 38

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Not sure you need to beat the top teams in the league to finish in the top 6, I am sure in 2013 we did not pick up many points against against the top teams. If my memory is right we had a draw at home to Halifax and I think we beat Leigh at home. lost twice to Sheffield and Featherstone but by winning most of the matches against lower teams we finished in 5th place.

Then beating Leigh 14-15 and Fev 20-21 on the way to the final.

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

Not sure you need to beat the top teams in the league to finish in the top 6, I am sure in 2013 we did not pick up many points against against the top teams. If my memory is right we had a draw at home to Halifax and I think we beat Leigh at home. lost twice to Sheffield and Featherstone but by winning most of the matches against lower teams we finished in 5th place.

Then beating Leigh 14-15 and Fev 20-21 on the way to the final.

In recent years you have always made a cock up against one or more of the "lesser" teams and have avoided doing so this season, so far. Maintain that and you will make the six - after this it is all bonus. (Mind you, as Lingard has pointed out, what you are actually playing for is completely unknown at this stage.)

Like 2013 when we lost 3 consecutive matches Whitehaven (a) Doncaster and Workington (h) although we managed to beat Workington in the Elimination playoff match scoring 68 points.

I would like to think we are playing for our pride and to do as well as possible regardless of the financial rewards.

3 hours ago, ernieone said:

Like 2013 when we lost 3 consecutive matches Whitehaven (a) Doncaster and Workington (h) although we managed to beat Workington in the Elimination playoff match scoring 68 points.

I would like to think we are playing for our pride and to do as well as possible regardless of the financial rewards.

We fell apart after the semi final And player were signing elsewhere if I remember which included fev, Salford and fax... 

22 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

We fell apart after the semi final And player were signing elsewhere if I remember which included fev, Salford and fax... 

Well, that won't happen this year anyway.

🕵️‍♂️

cheers Bob

London minus a win

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Sheffield Eagles 28 Halifax Panthers 40
Batley Bulldogs 42 Newcastle Thunder 12
Bradford Bulls RLFC 30 Featherstone Rovers 36
London Broncos C Widnes Vikings C
Whitehaven 28 Oldham 24
York City Knights 46 Swinton Lions 10

7 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

With us looking like we are in with a small chance of making play offs , this might be of interest what sky put out at start of season 

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12235874/championship-to-adopt-super-league-play-off-format-for-2021-season

BB this how it works 

top two in the final table will earn a bye through the first round of the play-offs before playing the winners of sudden death fixtures between teams three to six – and the winners of those two semi finals will meet in the Million Pound Game to determine promotion to the Betfred Super League in 2022.

based on today's table  you 5th would play bulls 4th away  and london 6th play Fax 3rd away in sudden death fixtures then lowest team left in  comp plays TO 1st away and FEV get tuther one at home

Archived