Crowds back at games. What's the reality?

I haven't really been following this too closely but do people know what the first phase limitations will be on crowds being allowed back? Is it due to be based on % of stadium capacities or capped at actual numbers e.g. 3,000 etc?

Will clubs with bigger stadiums potentially benefit (especially those with 25k stadiums)? Same with the Championship (those clubs playing at 10k+ stadiums) or capped according to competition? Excited to see fans back - will be a huge boost for the players and atmosphere. What have clubs been telling fans?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

At Leigh next Monday it will be ST holders only up to 2000 , which works out at 25% of the seating capacity 

All this according to Leyther Matt 😉

That's interesting: Cas have a full capacity of 11775 with 1500 seats, but are being allowed up to 3600, or 30% of full. Fev have been allowed just over 1600 (not sure exact number) and have around 5000 seats, so ca25% seating capacity

10 minutes ago, Ant said:

I'm really hoping the controller of referees analysis how many penalties/restarts/forward passes etc are give one way or another before and after crowds come back into it 

I understand some clubs have been training their fans for weeks on how to wave their arm and shout 'set restart' in unison.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

25% or 10,000 whichever is lower

That was my understanding but Cas have a capacity of 11775 (or 12000 depending on source) and are being allowed 3600

There is further good news as the Club has been informed that it can also increase its capacity further than was anticipated to 3,600 Cas fans! Tigers ready for fans' return! (castlefordtigers.com)

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That's interesting: Cas have a full capacity of 11775 with 1500 seats, but are being allowed up to 3600, or 30% of full. Fev have been allowed just over 1600 (not sure exact number) and have around 5000 seats, so ca25% seating capacity

Leigh have decided to not include the standing area's from a H and S point of view , I suppose given Cas's meagre seating capacity it would be pointless opening if that is what would be used , ie 375 

I recall the ' Framing the future ' document , which had a requirement for a minimum 2000 seats to be promoted to SL 🤔 , probably a good job it was dropped 😉

3 hours ago, Black Country Wire said:

25% or 10,000 whichever is lower

Yes that’s right; Rovers have been creative and gone to the effort of installing a large temp stand just for May & June so that our official capacity is expanded enough to enable us to let 4,000 members in

ECACC47C-08F3-485C-98AE-8307ECAB8FFB.jpeg

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

I've not seen anything on what the limits are for standing areas. Part of the issue is getting people in and out of the stadium in a controlled way. When they say 25% of 'seating' capacity, does they really mean 25% of stadium capacity?

I also wondered whether everyone's favourite stadium, Belle Vue, may have a strange advantage. The capacity is currently limited to c.7k by the safety certificate. The actual capacity is something like 11/12k. If the restrictions are limited to 25% of capacity, would that allow 4k at BV? - still lower than the safety certificate limit.

6 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

I've not seen anything on what the limits are for standing areas. Part of the issue is getting people in and out of the stadium in a controlled way. When they say 25% of 'seating' capacity, does they really mean 25% of stadium capacity?

I also wondered whether everyone's favourite stadium, Belle Vue, may have a strange advantage. The capacity is currently limited to c.7k by the safety certificate. The actual capacity is something like 11/12k. If the restrictions are limited to 25% of capacity, would that allow 4k at BV? - still lower than the safety certificate limit.

It depends as I've pointed out on your stadium , those with modern stadiums can use just their seating ( generally , probably only Wire having an issue there ) and still accommodate their ST holders , those with ' older ' 😉 stadiums might as well not bother with any fans unless they use their standing area's 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

It depends as I've pointed out on your stadium , those with modern stadiums can use just their seating ( generally , probably only Wire having an issue there ) and still accommodate their ST holders , those with ' older ' 😉 stadiums might as well not bother with any fans unless they use their standing area's 

Nope,we're using our standing areas,but its heavily restricted in numbers and you have to keep your bubble of 6 away from everyone else(and follow a lot of other rules) 

8 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Nope,we're using our standing areas,but its heavily restricted in numbers and you have to keep your bubble of 6 away from everyone else(and follow a lot of other rules) 

There's a zoom meeting with the CEO & Chairman tonight, so I guess the question will be asked. I'll let you know what their thinking and plans are.

Not so pressing for Trinity as their first home game is not while next week against Hull KR.

6 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

There's a zoom meeting with the CEO & Chairman tonight, so I guess the question will be asked. I'll let you know what their thinking and plans are.

Not so pressing for Trinity as their first home game is not while next week against Hull KR.

Good that you've got a bit of extra time.

A fiend of mine went a few weeks back to help at warrington they did a morning, got about 100 or so fans in to help do a dry run for the stewards in terms if spacing etc.

I believe he said rfl guidance said no more than 88 people in a block (I presume you've seen the hj and the standing areas) he reckons they said they were going to keep it to 80 or below in each quadrant, obviously dependent on how many people turn up

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Cas with an 'older' stadium have been given a 1.8x larger reduced capacity than the LSV despite having only 19% of the seats and a (slightly) lower 'full' capacity, so not really an issue. 

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Basically how the old Central Park kop used to look with 10 minutes to go?

I used to reckon  that if Wigan had a gate of (say) 14527, 10 minutes before ko there'd just be the odd 527 in the ground, and most of those would be in the bar under the Sullivan stand grumbling about how the club hadn't put a decent side on the park since Joe Egan retired!

In terms of actual practicalities, this is the blurb Leeds sent out when allocating tickets to members:

MATCHDAY

·         Turnstiles will open 90 minutes prior to kick and your ticket will state your allocated arrival time slot which must be adhered to.

·         If you hold a seated membership, you will not be issued with your usual seat. You will be allocated a position that allows for social distancing.

·         We will aim to ensure that the position you are allocated is as close to your normal position as possible e.g. if you have a standing membership, you will be allocated a position in a terrace. If you have a seated membership, we will aim to ensure it is in the stand you are normally situated – please note we cannot guarantee this.

·         If you have registered as a large group who hold memberships in the same area, although you have been selected to attend the same game, you will not be guaranteed to be in close proximity to each other in your allocated position (all children / dependants will be positioned with their parents / guardians / companions).

·         If you have registered as a large group who do not hold memberships in the same area, although you have been selected to attend the same game, your tickets will be allocated into the area where you each currently hold a membership.

·         Facemasks must be worn when queuing or moving around the stadium (unless exempt for medical reasons).

·         Drinks and snacks will be available to order in advance via an online ordering website. The link will be sent to each individual email address that we have on the ticketing system under each member’s profile no later than 5 days before match day. You will select a collection slot which must co-ordinate with your allocated arrival time.

·         Bags will not be allowed (unless to carry medication – please try to notify us in advance).

40 minutes ago, M j M said:

In terms of actual practicalities, this is the blurb Leeds sent out when allocating tickets to members:

MATCHDAY

·         Turnstiles will open 90 minutes prior to kick and your ticket will state your allocated arrival time slot which must be adhered to.

·         If you hold a seated membership, you will not be issued with your usual seat. You will be allocated a position that allows for social distancing.

·         We will aim to ensure that the position you are allocated is as close to your normal position as possible e.g. if you have a standing membership, you will be allocated a position in a terrace. If you have a seated membership, we will aim to ensure it is in the stand you are normally situated – please note we cannot guarantee this.

·         If you have registered as a large group who hold memberships in the same area, although you have been selected to attend the same game, you will not be guaranteed to be in close proximity to each other in your allocated position (all children / dependants will be positioned with their parents / guardians / companions).

·         If you have registered as a large group who do not hold memberships in the same area, although you have been selected to attend the same game, your tickets will be allocated into the area where you each currently hold a membership.

·         Facemasks must be worn when queuing or moving around the stadium (unless exempt for medical reasons).

·         Drinks and snacks will be available to order in advance via an online ordering website. The link will be sent to each individual email address that we have on the ticketing system under each member’s profile no later than 5 days before match day. You will select a collection slot which must co-ordinate with your allocated arrival time.

·         Bags will not be allowed (unless to carry medication – please try to notify us in advance).

Some interesting things there, we've aparently got no food or drink kiosks open, but there will be wagons outside, and you can bring food in, but in clear plastic bags, (only bags allowed) like at the airport to speed up checking 

Zero alcohol allowed.

Also interesting that about not being guaranteed to be in the same area, i presume that means multiple bubbles  ie if there's 15 of you in your match day party (pre covid) 2 groups of 6 and a 3 might be spread out.

LSV will not have standing open due to virtual impossibility of policing SD. The seating plan is very cautious for the 17th and all season ticket holders have been pre allocated season tickets for the restricted games to ensure SD based upon address 

no bars or food with allocated entry times but open bottles and food can be brought in

1 minute ago, sweaty craiq said:

LSV will not have standing open due to virtual impossibility of policing SD. The seating plan is very cautious for the 17th 

i think our standing areas are a bit taller than yours(main stand) so there's a bit more room, however i believe they've said, they will be watching the stands like a hawk, if you go above more than 7 in an area, you're likely to be asked to leave.

They dont appear to be effing about, with it being the first game on TV with speccies back, i guess they've got to be hot on this.

3 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i think our standing areas are a bit taller than yours(main stand) so there's a bit more room, however i believe they've said, they will be watching the stands like a hawk, if you go above more than 7 in an area, you're likely to be asked to leave.

They dont appear to be effing about, with it being the first game on TV with speccies back, i guess they've got to be hot on this.

South stand is rest isn’t 

Archived