Crowds back at games. What's the reality?

51 minutes ago, M j M said:

In terms of actual practicalities, this is the blurb Leeds sent out when allocating tickets to members:

MATCHDAY

·         Turnstiles will open 90 minutes prior to kick and your ticket will state your allocated arrival time slot which must be adhered to.

·         If you hold a seated membership, you will not be issued with your usual seat. You will be allocated a position that allows for social distancing.

·         We will aim to ensure that the position you are allocated is as close to your normal position as possible e.g. if you have a standing membership, you will be allocated a position in a terrace. If you have a seated membership, we will aim to ensure it is in the stand you are normally situated – please note we cannot guarantee this.

·         If you have registered as a large group who hold memberships in the same area, although you have been selected to attend the same game, you will not be guaranteed to be in close proximity to each other in your allocated position (all children / dependants will be positioned with their parents / guardians / companions).

·         If you have registered as a large group who do not hold memberships in the same area, although you have been selected to attend the same game, your tickets will be allocated into the area where you each currently hold a membership.

·         Facemasks must be worn when queuing or moving around the stadium (unless exempt for medical reasons).

·         Drinks and snacks will be available to order in advance via an online ordering website. The link will be sent to each individual email address that we have on the ticketing system under each member’s profile no later than 5 days before match day. You will select a collection slot which must co-ordinate with your allocated arrival time.

·         Bags will not be allowed (unless to carry medication – please try to notify us in advance).

Saints have issued something similar. Just waiting to find out if i've been selected to attend the first game on the 17th.

What they have also said is members will be guaranteed to be selected for at least 1 of the next 3 home games but nobody will get selected for all 3. So luck of the draw whether you get to go to 1 or 2 games.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I think I’m right in saying the Challenge cup final is limited to either 17k or 20k.

Given those with tickets to last years final have been allowed (I believe) to attend this years instead, plus 1 of either York (last Wembley appearance 1930s) or Swinton will be playing in the 1895 curtain raiser I can see some disappointed people not being able to attend.

Ive voted in a few Our League MOTMs and as a result have £10 off. For my party of 4 that’s made tickets just £17.50 each including booking fee. I’ve been telling all my York supporting friends to book a ticket now and not wait until after the semi final because once finalists are confirmed I think we’ll see the ground full signs go up very quickly.

Unless Uncle Boris and co allow more in. Just seems a huge gamble to potentially miss out on the first appearance at Wembley in 90 years for the sake of a round of beers.

8 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Saints have issued something similar. Just waiting to find out if i've been selected to attend the first game on the 17th.

What they have also said is members will be guaranteed to be selected for at least 1 of the next 3 home games but nobody will get selected for all 3. So luck of the draw whether you get to go to 1 or 2 games.

At leeds all season ticket holders have been guaranteed 1 game out of a possible 2 (before restrictions lift in 21stJune)

However I have been allocated the first game (Hull) but the email states I may yet get allocated a ticket for the 2nd game, which would be rather annoying for someone who only got allocated the 2nd game.

I think I’ve read 7,500 ST holders have entered the ballot with 8,000 spots available. I’m hoping because im sad and go on my own i might get a shot at a second  ticket ;-)

10 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Good that you've got a bit of extra time.

A fiend of mine went a few weeks back to help at warrington they did a morning, got about 100 or so fans in to help do a dry run for the stewards in terms if spacing etc.

I believe he said rfl guidance said no more than 88 people in a block (I presume you've seen the hj and the standing areas) he reckons they said they were going to keep it to 80 or below in each quadrant, obviously dependent on how many people turn up

I believe he speaks highly of you too, BB!

Without getting too technical, capacities are very ‘fluid’ to say the least depending on the size of each bubble. 6 people in a household use 8 seats on average (two empty seats on each side of each bubble) where 6 people from 6 households essentially uses 18 seats between them. With aisle seats out of use and alternate rows empty to accommodate for one way systems, it makes things tricky to say the least, but it’s welcome progress all the same.

What I will say is that there are so many parameters involved with the physical capacity actually being the very last thing to be considered once turnstile availability and spacing have been taken in to account along with concourse sizes and even the physical size of the seats, something that isn’t as standardised as you’d think!

Every stadium and indeed licensing authority is different with their own interpretation of certain aspects of the rules. Hopefully it’s only for a few games in most cases, though my hunch is post-21st June will still have certain caveats attached, particularly in terms of social distancing. 

I was actually going to do a topic about this today after media duties at the Bears yesterday. 

So yesterday there was different zones. The red zone which is players and staff is completely restricted. I imagine that will still be there even after fans are back. Yesterday the red zone was approximately half the main stand. 

My understanding is that fans will all have to buy tickets beforehand (and may need to be seated). Indoor areas will require covid stewards so I expect clubs to have outdoor bars and food areas rather than having the extra costs of indoor bars/food areas open. 

So the short of it is, at least for now it's not going to be a normal match day experience even for league 1 fans. I am sure many fans will be happy to make some sacrifices just to be back at the games and hopefully at some point this year all restrictions will be lifted. 

there must have been more people in our local aldi on sunday when i went than the average crowd figure for the cc final at the new wembley 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived