Batley Bulldogs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

They'd each be almost guaranteed four competition points, so maybe they would. The bottom scrapers, anyway.

That’s what I was thinking, though in terms of SL profile it wouldn’t be great. Maybe they’d find a way to withhold some of Bately’s share of the tv money and award it to themselves as well. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Pff, what does a small industrial town bring to Super League.

Maybe they should merge with Dewsbury and Huddersfield if they want to be in Super League.

😉

To form the Hewtly Giant Ram-Dogs...

sorry but if this DOESNT happen and happen now then there is something wrong!! I am dropping every other allegiance to support the Giant Ram-Dogs and if this doesn't become the best known brand in the whole of sport then, well, I don't want to be a part of THAT world!!!!

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That’s what I was thinking, though in terms of SL profile it wouldn’t be great. Maybe they’d find a way to withhold some of Bately’s share of the tv money and award it to themselves as well. 

It would be mildly embarrassing on and off the pitch, let's be honest.

To be fair, I doubt Batley really want to go up.

I'm just hoping whoever goes up this time is competitive so that Wakefield sweat a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I'm just hoping whoever goes up this time is competitive so that Wakefield sweat a bit. 

I‘m still hoping they go down this year. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I‘m still hoping they go down this year. 

Me too. 

The York-Wigan women's Cup game yesterday really showed how Belle Vue looks like one of those stadia that have been declared derelict and abandoned post-Taylor report but have yet to be demolished.

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Cracking start for Batley, exceeding most people’s expectations. What would happen if they somehow win the Championship GF, would the SL clubs welcome them with open arms? 

Not exceeding my expectations Eddie lad. Their performances this year have not surprised me.

Their coach is doing exactly what he did as a player.... proving himself to be one of the best outside superleague.

Their players really are playing much greater than the sum of their parts.

And they are a fabulous club to visit..... and they have a cracking welcoming set of fans. What's not to.like?

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not exceeding my expectations Eddie lad. Their performances this year have not surprised me.

Their coach is doing exactly what he did as a player.... proving himself to be one of the best outside superleague.

And they are a fabulous club to visit..... and they have a cracking welcoming set of fans. What's not to.like?

Agreed there is a lot to like 👍. I just don’t know if SL would like it. 

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Nail on head, Robin. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

And they are a fabulous club to visit..... and they have a cracking welcoming set of fans. What's not to like?

You have opened the usual can of worms now!

If they win the competition then under the current rules they should be in. The club has spent a lot of money on its ground and facilities and, until the likes of Wakefield and Castleford are denied a place in SL on the same basis, Batley should be welcomed.

I think things should change because of exactly this but the rules are the rules at present. As someone said, those basement dwellers would be rubbing their hands. Saying that, so should Batley's fans - cracking start from a great club.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If you expected them to be third after 5 games then good on you (I didn’t). 

I thought batley/York would sit just underneath the top two.

BUT.....and those who know me know I never do this...... I also think fev will be promoted...... so I can accept the validity of my opinions may be questioned!🤣

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

All that is great for a lower league side but for me the “whats not to like” part would be the possibility of batley or featherstone entering super league.

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

If they win the competition then under the current rules they should be in. The club has spent a lot of money on its ground and facilities and, until the likes of Wakefield and Castleford are denied a place in SL on the same basis, Batley should be welcomed.

I think things should change because of exactly this but the rules are the rules at present. As someone said, those basement dwellers would be rubbing their hands. Saying that, so should Batley's fans - cracking start from a great club.

Isn't the population of Batley bigger that the population of Castleford and about 3 times the population of Featherstone? 

Rather than get bogged down in situations that haven’t yet arisen, why not just congratulate Batley on a good start to the season? They seem, from the outside at least, a well-run and sustainable club. 

The book regarding the year they made the 8’s was a good read, for anyone that hasn’t read it. 

22 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I thought we (Leigh) would not win a game, but after the display against Saints I am a bit more positive, hopefully we will be making Wakefield sweat a bit.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

I thought we (Leigh) would not win a game, but after the display against Saints I am a bit more positive, hopefully we will be making Wakefield sweat a bit.

Come on Leigh! 

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I think they should be in too, I’d lose interest if there wasn’t P&R earned on the pitch. 

Archived