Gildart joins the Tigers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Breaking in Australia. Looks like a double pick up from the Tigers with Hastings going too. 

Great news for me. Another Englishman in the NRL and a back at that which will hopefully allow another talented young English player get his chance at wigan.

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

And here's me thinking it would be Cas on a UK RL forum....

They've had enough luck this week, to last them a while Mr F!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I have no real idea about the youngsters coming through at Wigan, any decent young centres that could in a season or two replace Gildart?

Will be interesting to see how he goes over there though. Best of luck to him. I think the only thing he lacks compared to many of the outside backs in the NRL is size. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

His main problem is that, like Luke Thompson, he's joining a club that are currently a bit rubbish.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I have no real idea about the youngsters coming through at Wigan, any decent young centres that could in a season or two replace Gildart?

Will be interesting to see how he goes over there though. Best of luck to him. I think the only thing he lacks compared to many of the outside backs in the NRL is size. 

Umlya Hanley or Sam halsall perhaps?

Im sure who could add another 5-10 kg without it slowing him down.

31 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

The only young centre coming through at the moment is Sam Halsall. He's played for England at academy level but probably isn't at the same level the likes of Gildart, King or Percival were at the same age. Lack of rugby due to the pandemic won't be helping.

Wigan do have Hardaker and Bibby for next season but French probably isn't going to be here next year so there's definitely some changes required in the backs. Also Bibby has failed to nail down a centre spot so far so just handing him that role without him earning it would be an obvious step down.

4 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

The only young centre coming through at the moment is Sam Halsall. He's played for England at academy level but probably isn't at the same level the likes of Gildart, King or Percival were at the same age. Lack of rugby due to the pandemic won't be helping.

Wigan do have Hardaker and Bibby for next season but French probably isn't going to be here next year so there's definitely some changes required in the backs. Also Bibby has failed to nail down a centre spot so far so just handing him that role without him earning it would be an obvious step down.

Not sold on Bibby. Don't think he offers much at all really. Certainly not at centre. Might need to try and pick up someone from the NRL for a proper replacement.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

12 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Not sold on Bibby. Don't think he offers much at all really. Certainly not at centre. Might need to try and pick up someone from the NRL for a proper replacement.

Reminds me of Shaun Ainscough who was scoring tries for Wigan but just didn't look the part long term. Tom Davies on the other hand. Why the hell did they let that kid go? 

I can see a bit of a local tug of war for Toby King as he’s off contract this year.   He’s already turned down Warrington’s first offer.   Not marquee level but there aren’t many decent centres in the game at the moment and he probably feels he can command a bit more salt.

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I can see a bit of a local tug of war for Toby King as he’s off contract this year.   He’s already turned down Warrington’s first offer.   Not marquee level but there aren’t many decent centres in the game at the moment and he probably feels he can command a bit more salt.

What do you think the TK Max is for the kid? Would you make him one of Warrington's top earners? Can they even?

14 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’d take him, with Naiqama’s contract ending this year. 

16 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’d take him, with Naiqama’s contract ending this year. 

Interesting what may happen with Saints, Coote is off contract and undecided (the club appear relaxed on this), Naiqama is only 32 so could go around another year or two but against those decisions Saints must continue to develop Welsby with a position in mind, there are also other young 3/4s waiting for their chances. Would you take King over Naiqama now? 

Archived