Steve Prescott's son Taylor

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/58045/taylor-prescott-embarks-on-toughest-challenge-yet

Taylor Prescott admits that a determination to make his late father proud has driven him to embark on the toughest challenge of his life. 

The 19-year-old will next month attempt to run 100 miles in just 48 hours - day and night - in a huge fundraising effort for the Steve Prescott Foundation, the charity set up by his rugby legend dad Steve before his death in 2013. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

46 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/58045/taylor-prescott-embarks-on-toughest-challenge-yet

Taylor Prescott admits that a determination to make his late father proud has driven him to embark on the toughest challenge of his life. 

The 19-year-old will next month attempt to run 100 miles in just 48 hours - day and night - in a huge fundraising effort for the Steve Prescott Foundation, the charity set up by his rugby legend dad Steve before his death in 2013. 

Just donated, awesome cause and an amazing challenge.  Wire fan.

Tremendous from Taylor. He has already done 31 miles a day for seven consecutive days and now this.  Superhuman efforts.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Great effort by the lad.

On a similar note a former teammate of mine is running 110 marathons in 110 days for McMillan & hospice at home,he hits the 100 mark tomorrow.

Wow, no other word for it, not being rude Dav but you indicated your age the other day on the GB thread, you say this guy (machine) was a teammate of yours could I please ask his age to be taking on such a task?

11 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Great effort by the lad.

On a similar note a former teammate of mine is running 110 marathons in 110 days for McMillan & hospice at home,he hits the 100 mark tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wow, no other word for it, not being rude Dav but you indicated your age the other day on the GB thread, you say this guy (machine) was a teammate of yours could I please ask his age to be taking on such a task?

In case anyone wants to see more or support

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=garymckee1&pageUrl=1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Just donated.. MacMillan are a fantastic organisation who did loads for us and were always there to answer questions and keep us calm when my Dad was ill and died of Cancer in 2009.. amazing how far over his target he is too!! 

Will do the same for Taylor also.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi H,Gary is 51 and this is just the latest ina long list of epic fundraising undertakings that has raised hundreds of thousands for this great cause,he’s already done 100 marathons in 100 days a few years ago followed by running the route of the infamous Fred Witton bike race over all the passes in the Lake District.

He really is an inspiration around these parts and a real nice lad,whose also inspired others,including myself to get out,get fitter and contribute in whatever way people can.

Archived