Crowd

greydog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, greydog said:

What will the crowd limits from 17/5

Yes.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, greydog said:

What will the crowd limits from 17/5

your guess as good as mine wakey council have taken a look at FEV with 5000 seats and given crowd % of that  so 1600 and for the tip down the road from us that only has 1500 seats  a % of capacity so they are allowed 3600

I am aware Dewsbury have had initial discussions with Kirklees and the result is not promising. We are hoping to have a meeting with Kirklees on Thursday if possible but we are dreading it. We only have one home game v Swinton before 21/6 so that is some relief only applying to this game but it is more challenging for the Rams. I am in constant contact with Mark in the hope we can help each other. My biggest worry is that significant restrictions continue in place after 21/6 which would be a total disaster.

i understood we would be allowed 50% of capacity which is the headline but reality it seems is totally different as social distancing rules seem to make that totally unachievable. Hopefully I am being too pessimistic but I don’t think so on what I hear so far.

I see that Bulls have now moved their match against Newcastle which was down for this weekend to the free weekend in June. They had originally agreed to play it Monday night instead of Sunday so spectators could attend but say the crowd will be bigger on the Sunday afternoon in June. Why don’t we do the same?

41 minutes ago, fredm said:

I see that Bulls have now moved their match against Newcastle which was down for this weekend to the free weekend in June. They had originally agreed to play it Monday night instead of Sunday so spectators could attend but say the crowd will be bigger on the Sunday afternoon in June. Why don’t we do the same?

We’d be only moving it a week

10 hours ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

I am aware Dewsbury have had initial discussions with Kirklees and the result is not promising. We are hoping to have a meeting with Kirklees on Thursday if possible but we are dreading it. We only have one home game v Swinton before 21/6 so that is some relief only applying to this game but it is more challenging for the Rams. I am in constant contact with Mark in the hope we can help each other. My biggest worry is that significant restrictions continue in place after 21/6 which would be a total disaster.

i understood we would be allowed 50% of capacity which is the headline but reality it seems is totally different as social distancing rules seem to make that totally unachievable. Hopefully I am being too pessimistic but I don’t think so on what I hear so far.

Wakefield council have agreed a 3,500 capacity for Castleford,  who have around the same seating as us , is it just kirklees that are playing it tight Kevin

IMG_0583.JPG

22 hours ago, POR said:

your guess as good as mine wakey council have taken a look at FEV with 5000 seats and given crowd % of that  so 1600 and for the tip down the road from us that only has 1500 seats  a % of capacity so they are allowed 3600

..and Wakefield T 3630...

Latest Gov guidelines (from April 2021) are a max of 50% full capacity. For the numbers given, Fev equates to ca20%, Cas 30% and Wake 50%.

Hang on there Dogstew, Kevin as a meeting with Kirklees Council tomorrow, so maybe more details will emerge once that's over.

1 hour ago, Dogstew said:

Is there any news of the dewsbury away game yet?

capacity, tickets etc?

I've heard they've asked for it to be postponed....

Until 2026 😄

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

23 hours ago, Dogstew said:

Is there any news of the dewsbury away game yet?

capacity, tickets etc?

Return of Spectators to the Tetley’s Stadium – Dewsbury Rams

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Council have done you over there with 700 only 

Are you confident of a better outcome?

1 minute ago, Keep The Faith said:

I’d Say about 1200 or a few more at Batley 

On what basis, given that it is the same local authority that you will be negotiating with?

Sorry to say I'm not expecting anything over Dewsbury as you say BSJ the same no overall control Kirklees.

Archived