Crowd

greydog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Our stadium holds more I think looking at it 700 is down to the seating and how you can social distance at the rams 

You clearly know far more about the calculations than I do. However there are a lot more things to be taken into account besides the size of stands and terraces, I understand. One key issue is that of the pinch-points for entrance into and exit from the ground. I reckon that MP has a couple of issues with this.

Let's hope that we can all get back to some semblance of normal before long without raising our expectations too high.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

On what basis, given that it is the same local authority that you will be negotiating with?

Dewsbury only have 3 sides for spectators to spread ,:Batley have all 4 sides of the ground

IMG_0583.JPG

It will be interesting to hear what KN has been able to negotiate, although I suspect that you may be a little disappointed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I don’t like the bit about not assuming that it will return to normal on 21 June. As I understand it, at the moment the government hopes that ALL restrictions will be cancelled. I say hope because, as they have said, it will depend on how things go. What annoys me is the view that things will go against it. Why? Why anticipate that things will not go according to plan? They just seem to have such a negative attitude.

Given that KIrklees seems to be anchored amongst the worst half dozen areas for Covid 19 I would assume that there are pressures to do all that can be done to get rates falling again.  This might have a bearing on how cautious they are when setting crowd numbers.  Mind you, if they were able to take crowd demographics into account then they would no doubt  find that a majority of Championship fans are fully vaccinated.

maybe they are having a thought or two for the ones who aint had a jab yet,cant see it been an am all right jack have had 2 jabs crowd,lets not forget we can still carry the virus home to rest of family without even knowing it, am sure the bod will make sure were all safe as poss for everyone inc >> players.we might be safe or safer than some others but cant throw them to the lions.

At extensive social distancing 700 which is an average crowd should be no problem. Does 150 seated apply to each stand or both stands? All our open space should also easily accommodate 400 people. Kirklees are taking the proverbial I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

At extensive social distancing 700 which is an average crowd should be no problem. Does 150 seated apply to each stand or both stands? All our open space should also easily accommodate 400 people. Kirklees are taking the proverbial I'm afraid.

700 (or so) dispersed around the many acres of Mount Pleasant watching the game is fine. In fact we could have more.

It's the times when they're not playing where the problems are likely to occur...

• congregating to applaud the players off the field
  • going to the loo at half time
  • how are the bars going to be managed?
  • Queueing to get through the turnstiles

It's not that these issues are insurmountable, but they need careful consideration, including stewarding and limiting numbers.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

41 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

700 (or so) dispersed around the many acres of Mount Pleasant watching the game is fine. In fact we could have more.

It's the times when they're not playing where the problems are likely to occur...

• congregating to applaud the players off the field
  • going to the loo at half time
  • how are the bars going to be managed?
  • Queueing to get through the turnstiles

It's not that these issues are insurmountable, but they need careful consideration, including stewarding and limiting numbers.

It is very complicated I understand, at least as far as Tetley Stadium is concerned: 

All terracing needs to be zoned and you have to remain within your zone. 5 people per 10 sq m.

There are unlikely to be any bars but there might be table service for drinks at half time and the same applies to food. Food and drink, unless brought with you, won't be permitted on the terraces.

You have to put your hand up if you want to go to the toilet. (This may not be correct.)

You may even have a turnstile time issued.

You can stand in bubbles if you declare one (e.g. family groups, not mates).

No hugging, especially Piggys Mate.

Etc.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

maybe they are having a thought or two for the ones who aint had a jab yet,cant see it been an am all right jack have had 2 jabs crowd,lets not forget we can still carry the virus home to rest of family without even knowing it, am sure the bod will make sure were all safe as poss for everyone inc >> players.we might be safe or safer than some others but cant throw them to the lions.

Fair point silverback/

39 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It is very complicated I understand, at least as far as Tetley Stadium is concerned: 

All terracing needs to be zoned and you have to remain within your zone. 5 people per 10 sq m.

There are unlikely to be any bars but there might be table service for drinks at half time and the same applies to food. Food and drink, unless brought with you, won't be permitted on the terraces.

You have to put your hand up if you want to go to the toilet. (This may not be correct.)

You may even have a turnstile time issued.

You can stand in bubbles if you declare one (e.g. family groups, not mates).

No hugging, especially Piggys Mate.

Etc.

A mine of relevant information, as ever, BSJ. Thank you.

I can see the logic in some of those requirements, but I'd have thought it less likely to spread any infection by eating/drinking in splendid isolation within your personal 2 sq m in the South Stand compared to troughing cheek-by-jowl at a table. I'm glad it's not me having to concoct these rules.

Any information on how to control distancing amongst the crowd at the end of the game (or ten minutes before the end for Dewsbury supporters)? 

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

By the time Batley get a match at home with spectators all will be sorted out and tried and tested.

The ‘safety’ word is massively overdone here.

if anyone really feels ‘unsafe’ in an open air venue with 1,000 spectators then they should stay at home, and also think long and hard about the risks next time they cross the road (or eat a kebab).

It’s time to get on with it.

1 minute ago, Dogstew said:

The ‘safety’ word is massively overdone here.

if anyone really feels ‘unsafe’ in an open air venue with 1,000 spectators then they should stay at home, and also think long and hard about the risks next time they cross the road (or eat a kebab).

It’s time to get on with it.

What individual people think is totally irrelevant. The rules that are set up are what matters here. And if some maverick decides they don't apply to him/her, there will be repercussions for the club!

34 minutes ago, distantdog said:

What individual people think is totally irrelevant. The rules that are set up are what matters here. And if some maverick decides they don't apply to him/her, there will be repercussions for the club!

And that is the point - there are no rules. It’s left to the jobsworths at Kirklees to decide. Clubs in Wakefield area are getting a much bigger proportion of their capacity allowed in, even at Cas (Mavericks?).

Plenty of what people think on here.

Maybe I should not give a stuff and just go to my nearest club instead (York).

Comment is free - even if the sheep don’t like it.

4 minutes ago, Dogstew said:

And that is the point - there are no rules. It’s left to the jobsworths at Kirklees to decide. Clubs in Wakefield area are getting a much bigger proportion of their capacity allowed in, even at Cas (Mavericks?).

Plenty of what people think on here.

Maybe I should not give a stuff and just go to my nearest club instead (York).

Comment is free - even if the sheep don’t like it.

Don't be so touchy!

You were talking about a situation that isn't going to happen. It is irrelevant what I, or even you think. My point is that the club will have to abide by whatever rules apply, and there will be plenty,  and any breaking of those rules will come down on the club. No one ever suggested you didn't care! No one suggested you shouldn't comment - comment is indeed free on here, for all of us!

Mind you, I am not sure you can say with any certainty that plenty of people think on here.

13 hours ago, RogerT said:

By the time Batley get a match at home with spectators all will be sorted out and tried and tested.

Coronavirus cases Kirklees - Kirklees Intelligence Service | Tableau Public

Maybe not.

Slightly off topic but....local cricket club Cross Bank are advised that no spectator can sit around the boundary or sit in their car (how much more socially distanced can you get?) but CAN congregate outside the pavilion and bar!! I passed another local club Scholes where there were people sat around the boundary and people with dogs walking the boundary. BD19 postcode is Cleckheaton, part of Kirklees Local Authority as is Cross Bank. Now, either one club is sticking to rules and the other not or Kirklees are playing fast and loose as to who regulations do and do not apply to. I trust BOTH KevN and MarkS to be on top of the dealings with Kirklees and don't allow unequal and unfair treatment in the face of national rules.

Archived