Sat 15 - Sun 16 May - The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

A long season for the skolars ahead, they have gone backwards it seems, the Bears beat them in the warm up games and they are looking at the moment like contenders for the bottom of the league, that's if the ww raiders can get Henson on the pitch. 

Will Henson make his league debut at the Keepmoat next week? Not really bothered either way.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, snoopdog said:

Town also had numerous player's missing , Scholars unfit, unorganized and very poorly coached.

Workington are a much better team than Skolars & Workington will be up there as very strong contenders for promotion. My post about context was not suggesting that Skolars without injuries would beat them, just it would not be as a humiliating a score line and performance as today’s 😳

3 hours ago, FearNothing said:

bit disappointed about Cru yestrday...18-18 with about 20 mins to go, lost to a penalty and late try. I said after last week we needed to beef up last 10-20 mins defence 😡

No change there, then. Anyone got an idea about when the powers that be in Cardiff are going to let us actually go to a game?

18 minutes ago, student said:

Workington are a much better team than Skolars & Workington will be up there as very strong contenders for promotion. My post about context was not suggesting that Skolars without injuries would beat them, just it would not be as a humiliating a score line and performance as today’s 😳

I do take DavidM's point though that Workington too were missing key players. The players that came in may have done better (this earning a starting place ongoing) or the players missing may have made the defeat more humiliating. We'll never know. As Ive said it's why you have a squad.

45 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

I do take DavidM's point though that Workington too were missing key players. The players that came in may have done better (this earning a starting place ongoing) or the players missing may have made the defeat more humiliating. We'll never know. As Ive said it's why you have a squad.

I agree with the point, but i’m also afraid from what i have seen so far in the friendlies and 2 games the Skolars  have played that their back up squad players are no where near league one standard. It’s difficult when you can only watch games on you tube or a live stream to really judge their potential. I will still go and watch them when crowds are allowed in, but i think this year could be wooden spoon time.

34 minutes ago, student said:

I agree with the point, but i’m also afraid from what i have seen so far in the friendlies and 2 games the Skolars  have played that their back up squad players are no where near league one standard. It’s difficult when you can only watch games on you tube or a live stream to really judge their potential. I will still go and watch them when crowds are allowed in, but i think this year could be wooden spoon time.

I don't think so. Wwr can't rely on Rangi every week. Don't get me wrong. I'd have him back now as a squad player. Better as a team player than Boas or Beharell? No chance. I hope Henson finally plays next week and has to deal with Peltier and Douglas running at him!!

Archived