Sat 15 - Mon 17 May - The Betfred Championship Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Sorry my mistake, it was 1995, 42 - 14 to Rovers. You are probably right about Quirk, he joined Haven in 94. 

I’m sure he scored a long range try at the Kells end. Remember jumping up and down like a lunatic with all my school mates 😆

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I’m sure he scored a long range try at the Kells end. Remember jumping up and down like a lunatic with all my school mates 😆

He did when we beat them in a  league game about 2 weeks before the cup match. 

10 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

can't imagine TO XIII will want to risk the likes of Kheiralla or Gigot on the Whitehaven quagmire. That pitch is a health and safety risk at the best of times so I'd imagine a conservative or 'industrial' approach from Toulouse. They won't want to risk their classiest players on that atrocious surface. 

Have I missed a biblical storm or are you basing that ridiculous post on a rainy Sunday in January 1971 

2 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I wasn't even alive in 1971. 

Let's just see if either of them play I guess?

So your not basing your rant on any actual evidence regarding the current pitch conditions 

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Really?

could have sworn it was the cup match. Either way it was a great try 👍

My Mistake 1st game Regal trophy. 

Second game Challenge cup quarter final. 

Going to be a close game I think. York were 8-0 up within 10 minutes, but the final 10 minutes of the half were by far the best Widnes spell of the season so far. Entertaining game, both sides making mistakes, but both throwing the ball around a bit.

Then Green elbows Craven in the face and wins the penalty when Craven retaliates.

Cuthbertson has been superb for York. You can see why HKR have Lewis out on loan, he's done some great things, but made a lot of errors too.

Archived