Sat 15 - Mon 17 May - The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Swinton next week too

The TO of old would take their eye off the ball, but with Mitch Garbutt now in the team, they have raised their game up a gear. Gigot, Killer, Bergal and Max to come back from injury it looks good. But, it also depends on who gets injured in the meantime. No point having all this experience if you have to rely on baby dracs to fill the gaps.

3 minutes ago, kiggy said:

The TO of old would take their eye off the ball, but with Mitch Garbutt now in the team, they have raised their game up a gear. Gigot, Killer, Bergal and Max to come back from injury it looks good. But, it also depends on who gets injured in the meantime. No point having all this experience if you have to rely on baby dracs to fill the gaps.

Junior paulo, ader, armitage, Albert also....

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:

136-0 for Toulouse last two games 😳

They certainly look the strongest team in the division although I think Whitehaven resting a number of players helped blow the score out.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

They certainly look the strongest team in the division although I think Whitehaven resting a number of players helped blow the score out.

They are the strongest team and should be being full time. 

8 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Think they were missing: Shackley, Walker, Dawson, Aiye, Taylor, Dixon, Walmsley, Bulman, Mcnally, King.

Looks like callum Phillips will be out injured after that late tackle. 

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Heard it was a nasty hit by Peyroux who was lucky to only get 10 mins.

Yeah it was of them hits after the ball/pass had gone. That was in the 1st 10mins. Phillips never returned he looked in a bad way. 

10 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Heard it was a nasty hit by Peyroux who was lucky to only get 10 mins.

Not really, for years I've watched johno ford get hit late and nothing happened. It was a hard tackle to be fair bit nothing out of the ordinary

1 minute ago, kiggy said:

Not really, for years I've watched johno ford get hit late and nothing happened. It was a hard tackle to be fair bit nothing out of the ordinary

Would of been fair if Callum had the ball!!! 

1 hour ago, Havenfan10 said:

Would of been fair if Callum had the ball!!! 

Have a look at the highlights of every TO game. Ford gets hit every time after releasing the ball. It's normal. Welcome to the big boys game. 

43 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Have a look at the highlights of every TO game. Ford gets hit every time after releasing the ball. It's normal. Welcome to the big boys game

Big boys game Haha it was a cheap shot which injured a player and he could be missing for a few weeks nothing normal about that! 

3 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

Big boys game Haha it was a cheap shot which injured a player and he could be missing for a few weeks nothing normal about that! 

Sorry, I apologise, I didn't know you were his mum. I hope he gets better soon.

3 hours ago, kiggy said:

The TO of old would take their eye off the ball, but with Mitch Garbutt now in the team, they have raised their game up a gear.

I hope you’re right but I’m still predicting that Toulouse will stroll the league with several games to spare, a record breaking points difference and two league wins over Fev and then still lose to them in the playoff final.

2 minutes ago, damp squib said:

I hope you’re right but I’m still predicting that Toulouse will stroll the league with several games to spare, a record breaking points difference and two league wins over Fev and then still lose to them in the playoff final.

I have a similar feeling. I’m still assuming that the play off final will be against Fev, although as this season is going to be decided by injuries and squad depth who knows. I just get the feeling that Toulouse will come up against one of Fev, London or York and that in a one off pressure game they lose.

4 minutes ago, damp squib said:

Previous years I would agree with you, hopefully this year they have a spine of experience that can cope with the one game that matters. Long way to go yet, and there is no guarantee that Fev v TO will be the last game, so we shall see. If it will not be Fev v To, then it's going to be one hell of a ride

3 hours ago, doc said:

Why Widnes can't score in the second half is beyond me. It's happens in so many games.😕😐

Penalty after penalty in the second half. Difficult to score when you barely get a touch of the ball for forty minutes. The goal-line defence held out for long periods, which was not the case in any previous game. 

7 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Previous years I would agree with you, hopefully this year they have a spine of experience that can cope with the one game that matters. Long way to go yet, and there is no guarantee that Fev v TO will be the last game, so we shall see. If it will not be Fev v To, then it's going to be one hell of a ride

I do agree with you though that having Garbutt in the side, as well as Casty and Paulo, will give them an element that has been missing for big games in previous seasons.

Archived