Mon 17 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/21 at 19:15

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those games that you feel could be set up for a shock win to spoil the party.   Warrington's first home game with fans, the first chance to Inglis live, and the expectation of victory.

Huddersfield have been playing well and losing narrowly.   The cup loss will have hurt and they've showed they can mix it with the best last weekend.

Withy that in mind I think it will be tight, and could go wither way by a couple of points.

6 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Wire by 12. The sight of spectators give the Hudd players crippling stage fright.

Or on the flip side, Fartown by 6 as they are more used to playing in front of small crowds 

40 minutes ago, meast said:

Giants to stun the "Injury hit and depleted" Wolves with 6 point margin 🙂

Who is injured and missing only hughes banned and Ashton injured and we have more fullbacks than forwards. 

11 hours ago, meast said:

Giants to stun the "Injury hit and depleted" Wolves with 6 point margin 🙂

A bit unfair. There are teams who regularly trumpet how many players they have out but not sure that has ever been us.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 13/05/2021 at 21:04, ELBOWSEYE said:

Who is injured and missing only hughes banned and Ashton injured and we have more fullbacks than forwards. 

It's become a bit of a standing joke now that every team Huddersfield beat or play are "depleted" or "injury hit, especially the top clubs,

Yet, totally ignoring the fact that we also have first team squad players unavailable.

Rumours Toby king will replace Hughes in 2nd row, Ratchford back at fullback Inglis and Mamo centres and Widdop and Austin in the halves.Daz  Clark fit for game. Not too many missing Lineham not selected, Hughes banned, Ashton injured. So no excuses for Warrington a near as Dammit full strength side. 

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Rumours Toby king will replace Hughes in 2nd row, Ratchford back at fullback Inglis and Mamo centres and Widdop and Austin in the halves.Daz  Clark fit for game. Not too many missing Lineham not selected, Hughes banned, Ashton injured. So no excuses for Warrington a near as Dammit full strength side. 

I thought Price said last week that Inglis will be the regular fullback this season?   Maybe just more mind games.   I'd rather see Ratchford in the halves as he was doing a better job than Austin, who would probably make a fantastic impact player from the bench like at Canberra.

I always look forward to a match, but this one, with spectators back, especially.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I always look forward to a match, but this one, with spectators back, especially.

The end to the canned background noise , hurrah ! Even better when it’s cricket ...

A friend of the guy who operates the LED for my wife business has made a fortune supplying the crowd noises to SKY LOL:)

We are advertising the radio station tonight at the match 🙂 

Warrington by 6 will be a cracker GOOD LUCK to BOTH teams:)

And there it is - a sound we haven't heard for over a year.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ah, the first "gerremonside!" of the season!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived