Mon 17 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/21 at 19:15

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked a half-decent side when we got Austin, Widdop and Ratchford's hands on the ball. Dunno wtf that first half was though, awful.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Warrington 18:26 Huddersfield, after a penalty. Getting a bit too late for the home side to pull this off.

Wire got the short kick off ... so 2 points and 90 seconds to go

But not enough.

Giants had a major wobble and nearly gave it away, but held on.

Why was Inglis selected and if selected, why at fullback?

Steve Price looks like a coach about to say "that's it I'm off now, forget the end of the season".

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

There's an echo in here.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Can't help but think that Chris Hill always seems to give the opposition a leg up at a crucial stage.  That head shot on McGillavary really invited Shudds back into a game they looked to have blown.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Looked a half-decent side when we got Austin, Widdop and Ratchford's hands on the ball. Dunno wtf that first half was though, awful.

Wire looked faster with their halves with the ball  in their hands.

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure why Price thinks he is some kind of tactical genius with his shuffling of key players. 

It’ll be interesting to see how Powell goes next year; part of me thinks there needs to be a bit of a player clear out at Wire as well as the coach.

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Cant turn up in the  second half and expect to win . Hudds deserved win

Wigan do it quite often, though I don't think it is in the game plan.

52 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I was with Barry Mc there. Edwards made the most of it and made it look a lot worse than it was. Hudds have a bit of form for that 

Agree, and as a Huddersfield fan, I'm not happy with it, yes we want to win and do what it takes, but without having to resort to too much gamesmanship.

However it was still a poor effort from Ratchford

11 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

It’ll be interesting to see how Powell goes next year; part of me thinks there needs to be a bit of a player clear out at Wire as well as the coach.

No doubt we need a bit of freshening up - but despite imo us having a way below par coach, we do still win more games than we lose, have made a few finals and won the Challenge Cup (not sure if you remember that one mate 😛 ) - so I think with a top coach it is fair to say it is likely we would have done better. 

So yes, some fresh blood will always help, but that clearly isn't the biggest issue here. 

Quite enjoyed that game as a (sort of) neutral. Very quick at times, good comeback and a close ending.

Good first game back with fans. Huddersfield will be disappointed to have let the lead slip, but any win away at Warrington is a good win. A strong first half and taking their chances in the second was enough.

Wires attack is like a rusty gear with a tooth missing, you can hear the clunking from here (W.Yorks) is it down to too many chiefs or poor tactics. You would have to think that Powell and his assistants will be able to improve that, what he can do with the wafer thin defence they showed tonight is another matter.

1 hour ago, meast said:

Who's the loudmouth who has spent 80 minutes bellowing at the referee and Huddersfield players?

He must have a really great life 🙄

That's one thing that is very noticable in these Covid restrictions removing one from your position of preference to some other place and putting you in the midst of those you will only hear from afar, it is quite eye opening to hear some of the comments and the naivety of their content, this from people who seem old enough to have learned the rules and should know better.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's one thing that is very noticable in these Covid restrictions removing one from your position of preference to some other place and putting you in the midst of those you will only hear from afar, it is quite eye opening to hear some of the comments and the naivety of their content, this from people who seem old enough to have learned the rules and should know better.

I didn't realise you were sat near me Harry ? 😉

Good grief that was stressful to watch. 

Giants attack can be superb at times, as can their defence - which I think forced Wire into errors and poor choices in the first half.

Second half our defence was far more passive, possibly because of the shift in Wire players (no more plan A of "Give it to GI") and Warrington took advantage. 

More improvement from the Giants in a season that is all about rebuilding, despite what the absolutely awful Sky pundits claim.

Enjoyed that, think we shocked wire who came out with an already won attitude as i reckon they thought we were easy beats who only raised our game for Saints.

We are a good team and last night we showed it not only getting in front but staying there after another(almost) capitulation, last year we would have lost that - and possible 1st couple of weeks of this season too.

The new players are starting to gel, Cogger is becoming more notieable, Jones is looking like the Salford Jones under Watto, Leutele is class and is finding his form now and the likes of Yates/Cunningham are all becoming more of a threat as well as all being good in defence.

Having players like Sezer, Wardle, Edwards, O'Brien etc back and firing will improve any team.

I'm happy not just with the result but the performance and resilliance we showed to make sure we won that game and the fact we had Wire fans booing after only 2 minutes of returning !!!!

In Watto we trust.

18 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Probably a Scotsman who still shouts "That's never a ******* goal" whenever Sir Geoff's 2nd goal from 1966 is shown 🙂 

Archived