Mon 17 May: SL: Hull FC v Catalans Dragons KO 19:45

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/21 at 19:15

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Unfair sin bin for Satae. He caught Maloney high but James was slipping.

Aimed to tackle around the waist. Not sure what else he was supposed to do in that situation when he slipped.

I can accept a penalty for contact, but there really wasn't much else he could do except not tackle him in the first place!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

Not saying it is right, but a head shot is a sin bin these days.

Reading the comments not seen the game, but please define a headshot to me in my opinion that is when someone has deliberately made contact with the head, there are far to many times these days when an attacker puts his head in the collision area with an arm that is already in motion aimed at the body area, there is just no consideration it seems by the refs to view it this way. 

44 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Massive defeat for Hull, but they are not the first team to play their socks off against Wigan one week and lose next. 

Defensively they were horrible tonight.  Some of their 'tackling' was just embarassing, and they simply will not keep pushing up on D.  They come up really soft and sit off - allowing the oppo to play in front of them.  One try tonight had about 14 passes in the previous tackle!  Laughable stuff at this level.

Catalans have some good individual skills across the team - you simply cannot sit off them like that.

10 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Aimed to tackle around the waist. Not sure what else he was supposed to do in that situation when he slipped.

I can accept a penalty for contact, but there really wasn't much else he could do except not tackle him in the first place!

The ref has watched too much nrl over the weekend and thought super league was clamping down on high tackles too😁

Solid yet unsurprising victory for Catalans. Well done.

Some of the ridiculous boasts on page one predicting an extremely ordinary Hull side showboating to a sizable walkover sum up this seasons black & white fantasy Island dreams 🤪😄🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Defensively they were horrible tonight.  Some of their 'tackling' was just embarassing, and they simply will not keep pushing up on D.  They come up really soft and sit off - allowing the oppo to play in front of them.  One try tonight had about 14 passes in the previous tackle!  Laughable stuff at this level.

Catalans have some good individual skills across the team - you simply cannot sit off them like that.

And my long memory reminds me how Wigans league form would dive as it was waiting for a cup semi...

Reality check for Hull but having 2 decent middle forwards out versus a Catalans team built of strong middles and bench players, it was always going to be a tough game for them.

Away to Leeds next week and a chance to get back on track.  Some hard work still to do.

Well done Catalans and Tom Davies keeps shoving the tries away.  England beckons.  Good to see Arthur Morgues on the pitch.

10 hours ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Some of the ridiculous boasts on page one predicting an extremely ordinary Hull side showboating to a sizable walkover sum up this seasons black & white fantasy Island dreams 🤪😄🤦‍♂️

You'll never get that from me.

Watched the game via a dodgy Amazon Firestick and I have to say our attack was poor. Defence wasn't as good as recent weeks but still better than recent seasons.

This match had more sledging in it than any game I can remember. If Chris Kendall had clamped down early then it may not have got as bad as it did but Reynolds and Maloney should have had time in the bin for constant mouthing off.

Not that it had much impact on the result, Hull were less than ordinary, making crucial errors under their own sticks while Catalans were solid if not spectacular.

Still enough to comfortably beat us though.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

So after 6 games Hull FC 'real deal' 3 wins.

Hull KR 'relegation fodder' 3 wins.

Where do you get these quotes from?

I know I seem to be one of your least fave posters but you'll never hear that from me.

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

This match had more sledging in it than any game I can remember. If Chris Kendall had clamped down early then it may not have got as bad as it did but Reynolds and Maloney should have had time in the bin for constant mouthing off.

While we're on the subject of mouthing off, given the lack of comment I'm guessing nobody else on here witnessed Sam Tomkins making an utter tool of himself in front of the East Stand at the end of the game. If any Premier League footballer had behaved liked that they'd be looking at a ban for crowd incitement. If he'd done that in front of the Threepenny Stand he'd have ended up with a bottle of Hull Brewery Anchor Export wedged between his eyeballs.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just now, Ullman said:

While we're on the subject of mouthing off, given the lack of comment I'm guessing nobody else on here witnessed Sam Tomkins making an utter tool of himself in front of the East Stand at the end of the game. If any Premier League footballer had behaved liked that they'd be looking at a ban for crowd incitement. If he'd done that in front of the Threepenny Stand he'd have ended up with a bottle of Hull Brewery Anchor Export wedged between his eyeballs.

We might have had a better idea of what he did if he was facing the camera but they were all from the opposite side mate.

Even after a few beers I remember thinking what an absolute ar se he seemed to be making of himself.

Now he is back performing as a double act again with Joel, memories of the infamous "rectum" incident will resurface, only this time, alcohol was hopefully no excuse.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

We might have had a better idea of what he did if he was facing the camera but they were all from the opposite side mate.

Even after a few beers I remember thinking what an absolute ar se he seemed to be making of himself.

Now he is back performing as a double act again with Joel, memories of the infamous "rectum" incident will resurface, only this time, alcohol was hopefully no excuse.

It's good to know it was picked up by the camera even if it was from the opposite side. His actions were in clear breach of the RFL's Players' Code of Conduct.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived