Mon 17 May: SL: Hull FC v Catalans Dragons KO 19:45

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/21 at 19:15

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ullman said:

While we're on the subject of mouthing off, given the lack of comment I'm guessing nobody else on here witnessed Sam Tomkins making an utter tool of himself in front of the East Stand at the end of the game. If any Premier League footballer had behaved liked that they'd be looking at a ban for crowd incitement. If he'd done that in front of the Threepenny Stand he'd have ended up with a bottle of Hull Brewery Anchor Export wedged between his eyeballs.*

I might have mentioned before, that a lot of Rugby League fans seem to live in the past.

*Last brewed about 40 years ago

Not only did Catalans give Hull FC a proper tonking, they sold the locals a container full of sour grapes to mush over.

You'd think they'd button it after being whacked on their home patch.

Be a long season if they're already complaining about trivial stuff like talking-back.

Accept the stuffing and move on 👍

14 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I might have mentioned before, that a lot of Rugby League fans seem to live in the past.

*Last brewed about 40 years ago

Errrr that was kind of the point.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 17/05/2021 at 21:25, Hvy wg said:

Mourgue has been a problem for Hull all game long. His passing game from dummy half isn't that strong but his running is too strong, he managed to put FC on the back foot on multiple times from nothing.

Really impressed with him. He was a running threat all game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

8 hours ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Not only did Catalans give Hull FC a proper tonking, they sold the locals a container full of sour grapes to mush over.

You'd think they'd button it after being whacked on their home patch.

Be a long season if they're already complaining about trivial stuff like talking-back.

Accept the stuffing and move on 👍

Not sure where you're coming from here, if you read my post regarding sledging I was critical of players from both teams and wasn't using it as an excuse for defeat, more that I'd rather they got on with playing RL than mouthing off and that includes Jake Connor. Catalans played Hull FC off the park in the second half and were easily the better team.

No sour grapes from me and, I suspect, none from my pal Ullman either.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

53 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure where you're coming from here, if you read my post regarding sledging I was critical of players from both teams and wasn't using it as an excuse for defeat, more that I'd rather they got on with playing RL than mouthing off and that includes Jake Connor. Catalans played Hull FC off the park in the second half and were easily the better team.

No sour grapes from me and, I suspect, none from my pal Ullman either.

Absolutely, the Dragons did a number on us. None of us have a problem with that.

Archived