Fri 14 May: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/05/21 at 19:15

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Man of Kent said:

Agreed. It was poor. One of the premier clubs in the country ought to be playing better rugby than that. 

Get us both our halves (and Myler at FB) in and we'll attack better hopefully.

Sutcliffe was a dead end at 6 tonight and Gale hasn't played in a month, the attack was stunted.

Missed kicks costly again.  Just part of Lino's shocking 1st half performance.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Phil Clarke talks some doesn't he.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I think our last tackle options were utter rubbish, but otherwise Leeds had the best of territory and possession.

Don't kid yourself Tommy, you're a really long way off and you know it.

I'm disillusioned with the whole competition to be honest. We all know Saints will win it and we're all bored with playing the same teams. It needs shaking up.  

If they had played that under the new NRL directive Hicks would have to abandon it after 20mins through not having the required number of player's on the field which would have been for the best, a stinker of a game that nobody should be happy about.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think our last tackle options were utter rubbish, but otherwise Leeds had the best of territory and possession.

Leeds were better individyal players, but did not play well.  If Wakey had avoided errors though they could have given themselves a chance.

Just now, Leeds Wire said:

Don't kid yourself Tommy, you're a really long way off and you know it.

I'm disillusioned with the whole competition to be honest. We all know Saints will win it and we're all bored with playing the same teams. It needs shaking up.  

I'm disillusioned with the competition, absolutely zero chance I'm putting any money in some club's coffers, but will still support my club. 

That said we were all over them for most of the game, it was played mostly in their half, but we couldn't string an cutting edge attacking passage of play together.

if england are relying on luke gale to take them to wc glory it may be better if the whole thing does get called off- in over 40 years of watching the game avidly from john atkinson to john bentley  this is the worst ever leeds team in my memory 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

Leeds were better individyal players, but did not play well.  If Wakey had avoided errors though they could have given themselves a chance.

Yeah I must admit its nice to play Wakefield and be reminded how it could be worse...

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

if england are relying on luke gale to take them to wc glory it may be better if the whole thing does get called off- in over 40 years of watching the game avidly from john atkinson to john bentley  this is the worst ever leeds team in my memory 

Understandable with 3/4 teenagers in the 17 tbh. I've seen better players turn out worse *cough*2016*cough*

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Sutcliffe was a dead end at 6 tonight and Gale hasn't played in a month, the attack was stunted.

Maybe but Leeds will to need improve massively from tonight - clunkingly scraping past a winless Wakefield in extra time - to make the playoffs. 

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Maybe but Leeds will to need improve massively from tonight - clunkingly scraping past a winless Wakefield in extra time - to make the playoffs. 

Of course they will, and most people will hope the performances improve when injured players return

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Don’t think Gale will be picked, Johnny. George Williams and Jonny Lomax, I suspect. 

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

thats just the problem- pinning hopes on a journeyman player who has never really been that good like myler - thats where we are as a game today!

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

They won the challenge cup last year.  Gale has been out for 4 weeks.  Wakey were stretched and made errors they could not afford.  

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Your memory has forgotten the 1986 and 1996 teams clearly.

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Your memory has forgotten the 1986 and 1996 teams clearly.

nowhere near as bad as that lot - give me ET  any day instead of that

That's the first time I've ever seen a referee give a penalty in golden point extra time. For anything.

Very tough for Wakey to lose the game on a 50/50 decision. Once again a team fight so hard get a draw and are denied anything because of golden point.

Both teams defended well and probably the only good part of Leeds performance was how they kept Wakefield in their own 20 thus getting the better of field position. They didn't do much with it though and Wakefield defended so well for so long.

Wakefield deserved a draw at least and for me it is wrong that they get nothing from the game.

27 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Shocking anti-climax of an ending. Is a draw really that bad?

Still not convinced that golden point adds anything to the sport. Should only be used when needed in knockout games.

If ever a draw was a fitting result it was this game. Both teams gave so much effort.

The general concensus was that it was decided by a referee's 50-50 decision. 

My own view is that if it is a decision that effectively decides the game, the referee has to be over 90% sure before giving it. Especially if it isn't foul play.

Otherwise, the ending becomes such an anti-climax. 

Archived