Tom Johnstone

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

tom johnstone seems the type of player to open a can of corned beef and slice his arm fully off in the process - good lad but as a previous poster said - very fragile - if he is around for the wc he may have to face storm and png back justin olam who prob wouldnt notice if had been run over by a 10 ton truck - good luck 

Very fragile?? What an odd post - you seem to be suggesting he's just being a bit 'soft' and somehow contributed to his own injuries. He's had knee ligament injuries (to my knowledge nobody is 'harder' than those) and now a concussion that requires neurosurgeons to be involved to resolve - again not of his own making. 

i was quoting a previous poster on the word fragile - maybe injury prone or unlucky may be better? i won't hesitate to describe png and storm centre tough and hard though - cos he is!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Today’s NRL matches saw a flurry of sinbins and on-reports.... some of the commentators seem resistant to the “softening” of the game. 

It’s going to be tough for a few weeks whilst the players get used to the stricter rules but ultimately we’re going to be left with a safer game and less concussions/injuries. 

Short term pain for long term game I think!

4 hours ago, Southerner said:

Today’s NRL matches saw a flurry of sinbins and on-reports.... some of the commentators seem resistant to the “softening” of the game. 

It’s going to be tough for a few weeks whilst the players get used to the stricter rules but ultimately we’re going to be left with a safer game and less concussions/injuries. 

The game tonight, Leeds v Wakey...  several physios on for head injuries.  The fact that no one was concussed was just luck.  Several of these were not penalised, and the possibly most dangerous was not sin binned and was just accidental.   These incidence were the result of the nature of the game.  

4 hours ago, Southerner said:

There will be no game at all shortly if that's the case.  No effective tackling at all.  All we see is 2 defenders at the most hanging on as a defender rumbles forward until he finally falls over. Only 2 because the 3rd is scared to death of tackling round the legs.

The game has made a joke of itself.

physios running on and off the pitch like busy bees is a great strategy for teams to gain advantages, stall plays or get a rest etc etc - soon physios will be part of the game plan the way its going

On 12/05/2021 at 14:50, Jao 711 said:

If Tom Johnstone had concussion after the Wigan game why was he playing one week  later ?Surely that is against RFL head injury protocol and he had “another” concussion the one you “Wakey” fans and a few others don’t mention. Give your anti-Wigan” specs a polish.

Good grief, another one.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

32 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Teej is a box office player - hope he can make a full recovery 

he may be selling the icecream tubs at the interval as an usherette at this rate

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Teej is a box office player - hope he can make a full recovery 

He is potentially the best three-quarter England has. But he needs to go to the WC fit and firing. Good luck to the lad he is class!

Archived