Match Thread: Championship Round 6, Featherstone Rovers v Oldham Monday-10th-May-2021

22 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

Can anyone tell me if there are any tickets remaining? if so how to purchase, what's the cost and are there any concessions? 

Thank you in advance. 

Should be able to get one tomorrow or Monday morning i should amagine. Have you looked on club website?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

So, 20 players.

No Harrison or Ferguson as expected.

No return for Blackmore or Welham.

No Ferres and no Halton.

Perhaps one of those to be added later?

Otherwise the 17 will pick itself with Field replacing Halton from last week's squad.

Maybe MLP but he's added jacob a recognised winger to the squad 

5 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

I noticed that, and that's an option no doubt, but I would favour last week's backline combination.

I think he will only pick Jacob if he decides to let sherlock put his feet up and save him for eagles

Reckon he should keep the hooker rotation with Jones getting the 1st 50 and Parata the last half hour for the mo. 

Put Hall back to FB, he's a Full Back and Chisholm is not, though he did great v York.

The main head ache is then having 3 top half backs..........only way to go is rotate them fairly through rest games !!!

Some meat on the bones of the injury list here.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/match-preview-featherstone-rovers-vs-oldham-rlfc-UbwSR

Ferres, Halton, Summers and Welham all expected to be back in training soom whereas Harrison, Sweeting, Blackmore and Ferguson are expected to take longer.

We knew about Harrison and Ferguson but Blackmore being out for an extended period is a blow, I wonder if that makes it more likely that the experiment of Hall on the wing and Chisholm at full back is going to get an extended run. With Leeds' injured players also starting to return there's also the possibility Luke Briscoe might become available on loan if we wanted to go down that route (personally I'm quite enjoying watching our own players performing).

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/match-preview-featherstone-rovers-vs-oldham-rlfc-UbwSR

Ferres, Halton, Summers and Welham all expected to be back in training soom whereas Harrison, Sweeting, Blackmore and Ferguson are expected to take longer.

We knew about Harrison and Ferguson but Blackmore being out for an extended period is a blow, I wonder if that makes it more likely that the experiment of Hall on the wing and Chisholm at full back is going to get an extended run. With Leeds' injured players also starting to return there's also the possibility Luke Briscoe might become available on loan if we wanted to go down that route (personally I'm quite enjoying watching our own players performing).

Agree wholeheartedly PH but you could argue lukes really a flat capper 🤣

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting to see Oldham have now been allocated 100 tickets for tomorrow. Don't know if this is a change of heart by the council at Wakefield or what. Maybe lots of councils waiting to check that the road map was being adhered to by the Government as London have also relented re Bulls fans visiting next week.

Apparently the Government guidlines applicable from the 17th allow away fans to attend - although the information available to the public doesn't (or at least didn't when I checked on Friday) reflect that change. 

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting to see Oldham have now been allocated 100 tickets for tomorrow. Don't know if this is a change of heart by the council at Wakefield or what. Maybe lots of councils waiting to check that the road map was being adhered to by the Government as London have also relented re Bulls fans visiting next week.

Its much the same distance as i am travelling from Sheffield to watch Rovers.I like Oldham not the same since they sold their ground but proper R.L. roots.Hope they have a safe journey over and enjoy the game.But not too much.

13 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Sweeting is on loan at Hunslet isn't he?

Archived