Match Thread: Championship Round 6, Featherstone Rovers v Oldham Monday-10th-May-2021

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They did sign Sweeting on loan (he had a try disallowed for them in his first game) and also Loui McConnell though I don't think the latter has played for them yet.

Tanks PH I was just going off their squad when the just listed george smith and rettie

How's everyone feeling about having to wear a mask tonight even though we're outside?

Also there's nothing in the current Government guidance saying we must wear a mask in an outdoor setting. The only mention of stadium says masks must be worn in "indoor stadiums". If the club waited until we'd bought tickets before announcing this, I'd consider that poor form.

I also think it was poor form from the club to announce the ban on alcohol and not selling food and drinks until after everyone had bought their tickets.

Can't believe we've to wear masks OUTSIDE and with not many if any people sat/ stood near you. It's crazy and especially if you wear glasses with them steaming up. You can sit in a pub drinking next to people though. 

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

How's everyone feeling about having to wear a mask tonight even though we're outside?

Also there's nothing in the current Government guidance saying we must wear a mask in an outdoor setting. The only mention of stadium says masks must be worn in "indoor stadiums". If the club waited until we'd bought tickets before announcing this, I'd consider that poor form.

I also think it was poor form from the club to announce the ban on alcohol and not selling food and drinks until after everyone had bought their tickets.

I'm fine with it. After 14 months away I'd watch 'em with a pair of my old dad's y fronts on my head if needs be. 

8 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They did sign Sweeting on loan (he had a try disallowed for them in his first game) and also Loui McConnell though I don't think the latter has played for them yet.

He's been named in tonight squad which seems a bit strange if he's on loan😁

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Can't believe we've to wear masks OUTSIDE and with not many if any people sat/ stood near you. It's crazy and especially if you wear glasses with them steaming up. You can sit in a pub drinking next to people though. 

There weren't many wearing them on their faces at the FA cup final. A lot had them under their chin😯

13 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Geez, that was close wasn't it? A real nail biter. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

We've been on plenty of them scores especially against Widnes, got 60 regularly. 

8 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Good luck in superleague. Carry on like this and your pretty much there. 

Don't give up on your team. It might have been 68-0 but they played some good stuff in patches. They've all been at work today and had to come over from Lancashire to play a good side. Well done

Yes their heads did not go down and they did play better in the second half. But we were far to smart & fast and most things came off.

Does anyone know if for the cup match against Widnes, you can use your season ticket. 

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Don't give up on your team. It might have been 68-0 but they played some good stuff in patches. They've all been at work today and had to come over from Lancashire to play a good side. Well done

A scoreline like that is quite a hard thing to take. We are supposed to be in the same division. I just feel for the Oldham fans who travelled up there and parted with their hard earned cash to watch that. 

6 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Yeah wearing glasses to see other half of field and glasses steam up massively..........

47 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

A scoreline like that is quite a hard thing to take. We are supposed to be in the same division. I just feel for the Oldham fans who travelled up there and parted with their hard earned cash to watch that. 

I really feel for Oldham, Need to halt the dwindle of the fanbase and generate some dollars. Easier said than done but no point in the fans giving up so long as P&R remains throughout all the Divisions. With a battling attitude like what was on display tonight Oldham have a decent chance of staying up, wasn't an important fixture for you guys in the grand scheme of things. 

5 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

I really feel for Oldham, Need to halt the dwindle of the fanbase and generate some dollars. Easier said than done but no point in the fans giving up so long as P&R remains throughout all the Divisions. With a battling attitude like what was on display tonight Oldham have a decent chance of staying up, wasn't an important fixture for you guys in the grand scheme of things. 

Unfortunately the fan base will in my view continue to dwindle, there's not many kids watching Oldham rugby. The fan base is aged. Rugby league doesn't seem to be half as relevant in Oldham as it used to be. I think that losing Watersheddings had a big bearing on this. 

8 hours ago, haskey said:

Yes their heads did not go down and they did play better in the second half. But we were far to smart & fast and most things came off.

Does anyone know if for the cup match against Widnes, you can use your season ticket. 

They announced at the game tickets were on sale for the Widnes game, i would imagine it will be pay for season ticket holders as well. 

15 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

its a small price to pay to watch live R L again, it,s our future to look after .

10 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Oldham do throw the ball about and against teams of similar ability will stretch them.But they did lack the physical thrust down the middle from forwards.Half way through the second half in our 20m area they had a real go but our defence was superb last night.Hope your supporters keep the faith.

Archived