Match Thread: Championship Round 6, Featherstone Rovers v Oldham Monday-10th-May-2021

No players names mentioned by me as all 17 put in a very good team performance.You could tell the players appreciated the supporters being allowed back.It seems like the start of a new phase for me as i have been stuck in Sheffield where we have lost about 700 people through the virus.Hope we can increase capacity in the near future.We can still improve further, think last night we were about 85% of what we can achieve.Just to mention four not playing Harrison,Ferres,Blackmore,and Welham the squad will be stronger still when they return.Well done to all concerned with organisation of the crowd for last night.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought our ball retention was much better and although the game was done as a competition after 20 minutes I thought we stuck to our guns for the most part and didn't try to overplay. It looked like having fans back provided the lads with an extra boost too. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Think I heard MarkLasPalamas getting a credit on the commentary for something along these lines but that's 132 minutes, plus injury time, without Fev conceding a point (going back to York's second try against us in the 28th minute). Hope we can extend that a bit further against Sheffield.

Standing the shoulders of giants there, young 'un.

😄

46 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

There are many things I like about this forum, and the fact that it's about the only place I might still get called young 'un is one of them. 😀

I would expect Mark to be eligible of calling 90% of the population young 'un so I wouldn't get too carried away with the compliment PH. If he ever called me it though that WOULD be a compliment 😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I would expect Mark to be eligible of calling 90% of the population young 'un so I wouldn't get too carried away with the compliment PH. If he ever called me it though that WOULD be a compliment 😂😂😂😂😂

I know I think I watched Jack Hirst and Jim Denton in their pomp, but that's just my memory/imagination playing tricks on me, old lad. 😉

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

I know I think I watched Jack Hirst and Jim Denton in their pomp, but that's just my memory/imagination playing tricks on me, old lad. 😉

I remember Jackie Blackburn and Freddie Miller together with all the Tenants. One that never gets mentioned Joe Hoyle who had a butchers shop on Station Lane . Also of course Batten. Lots of others but memory is not what it was. OH and Ray Cording. 

Just now, jamescolin said:

I remember Jackie Blackburn and Freddie Miller together with all the Tenants. One that never gets mentioned Joe Hoyle who had a butchers shop on Station Lane . Also of course Batten. Lots of others but memory is not what it was. OH and Ray Cording. 

and Don Fox

Just watching the game back again and the ref (who otherwise had a reasonable game I thought) was hoodwinked into a a classic comedy decision. Go to about 47:45 on the full match video on Rovers TV (about 10 minutes before half time) Oldham put up a high kick and their centre blatantly pushes his own man over (Langtree) and the ref falls for it and gives them a penalty. John Davies and Nu Brown were actually laughing at the decision, bit of a throwback play that one.

Archived