Pre-Super League silverware - help needed

I think the Big one ne is Championship Trophy (currently hidden away somewhere in Wigan's vaults having been replaced by that Super League thingy) and the small one is the Harry Sunderland Trophy

1 minute ago, welshmagpie said:

I’ve zoomed in on right hand and it says world club challenge, so I’m assuming that’s that.

That’s the left hand isn’t it?

the other trophy has “stones” written on the ribbons which I think was the “stones bitter premiership” played at old Trafford.

Just now, M j M said:

It definitely is. Used to be as recognisable as the Challenge Cup.

Here's that traitor Dean Bell with the Championship Trophy. 

wigan-captain-dean-bell-with-the-rugby-league-championship-trophy-picture-id114140152?s=612x612

And Albert Goldthorpe (bottom right)

Albert_goldthorpe_all_four_cups.jpg

They forgot one...

locker-cup-close-up.jpg.webp

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I think the Big one ne is Championship Trophy (currently hidden away somewhere in Wigan's vaults having been replaced by that Super League thingy) and the small one is the Harry Sunderland Trophy

The Championship Trophy is a Classic, bizarrely given to Wigan to keep when SL landed. The County Cups were also excellent trophies as well.

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

spacer.png

The challenge cup is a beauty and instantly recognisable, I recognise one as the Regal Trophy and is the one next to it a BBC SPOTY award?

What are the others?

Many thanks 

Clockwork from top right: Premiership, Challenge Cup, BBC Team of the year, Regal trophy, Championship, World Club Challenge.

The Championship Trophy was retained by Wigan as the last winners, same with the Lancashire Cup. Both vastly better looking than the modern Super League trophy and league leaders shield.

8 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Used to love the Locker Cup games, no idea why they can't still play for it every year.

Formerly the Wardonia Cup, lest we forget.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Premiership trophy has always looked a bit naff, but then I suppose it doesn't really rank any higher than the Regal Trophy, which ironically looks like something you'd find on a quest for the Holy Grail.   I'm not sure whether that was intentional.   Or maybe it really is the Holy Grail and they've found the best possible place to keep it secret, away from the public eye... in Rugby League.

Archived