Liam Watts

I haven't read Leefs link. I dont have the fortitude to do so. For some of us there seems to be a constant dripping erosion of trust and credibility. I know, I know...live with it- get over it- end off. I know.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

He should have followed the lead of his fellow Liam, Farrell, who graciously accepted his zero game suspension after being found guilty of a head shot.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

He should have followed the lead of his fellow Liam, Farrell, who graciously accepted his zero game suspension after being found guilty of a head shot.

Unfair to expect Watts to make that comparison as they were charged with different offences, his being the more serious. Farrell was "High Tackle" whilst Watts was "Dangerous Contact". There is no offence called a "head shot".

He had been playing well,this year,up to that point.

I think he may have blown his international chances.

More importantly, I hope Elijah Taylor makes a full recovery.

It would be nice to rid the sport of the deliberate act.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

The EXACT same offence was committed the week before by Mossop on Danny Richardson with no ban whatsoever. I say EXACT same offence when actually Mossop swung his arm with intent to cause serious harm, missing Richardson's head by luck rather than judgement

I think it's fair to understand why Wattsy felt the need to appeal.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

48 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

The EXACT same offence was committed the week before by Mossop on Danny Richardson with no ban whatsoever. I say EXACT same offence when actually Mossop swung his arm with intent to cause serious harm, missing Richardson's head by luck rather than judgement

I think where he's shot himself in the foot is his comments on social media. That was never going to go down well.

54 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

So Mossop should have been banned as well, not Watts getting off

51 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

So not exactly the same then, a late tackle (in the loosest term) as opposed to a shoulder charge in the back, much like Jack Hughes also got suspended for

Dear God.....

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

There is now the full minutes of the meeting on the RFL site and the case is well argued by the Disciplinary committee especially when they use a previous Castleford grade B charge which Castleford accepted.

From the explanation provided and having watched the incident albeit once I think the grading is correct for this case

15 minutes ago, LeeF said:

There is now the full minutes of the meeting on the RFL site and the case is well argued by the Disciplinary committee especially when they use a previous Castleford grade B charge which Castleford accepted.

From the explanation provided and having watched the incident albeit once I think the grading is correct for this case

I can’t find that but either way, i disagree with the initial ban.  The yellow card dealt with it in my opinion.

Same game, Taylor is issued 2 cautions for the same Law as Watts.  How many does it take before these warrant further punishment?

Hull game, two illegal tackles to the lower leg.  The initial tackle (Powell) aimed more across the natural bending angle of the joint than the Brown tackle again, in my opinion based on experience.  Only one player given a yellow card.

I thought we were supposed to be cracking down on contacts to the head?  The Farrell hit on Griffin received a zero match penalty.  Baffling.

Never going to be perfect Lee but some of these need dealing with on the pitch rather than the disciplinary panel who seem (to me) to be trying make examples one minute and being max the next.

13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I can’t find that but either way, i disagree with the initial ban.  The yellow card dealt with it in my opinion.

Same game, Taylor is issued 2 cautions for the same Law as Watts.  How many does it take before these warrant further punishment?

Hull game, two illegal tackles to the lower leg.  The initial tackle (Powell) aimed more across the natural bending angle of the joint than the Brown tackle again, in my opinion based on experience.  Only one player given a yellow card.

I thought we were supposed to be cracking down on contacts to the head?  The Farrell hit on Griffin received a zero match penalty.  Baffling.

Never going to be perfect Lee but some of these need dealing with on the pitch rather than the disciplinary panel who seem (to me) to be trying make examples one minute and being max the next.

The decision is on the Disciplinary page. Look for Watts’ charge.

The Watts grading & initial ban are correct IMO. The appeal on the grading was a punt that they lost

Cautions are kept on record so if they appear or are charged these are factored into any ban etc. I have seen reference made to them before.

The 2 “tackles” you refer to are interesting ones. Ian Smith very experienced ex ref said that they were slightly different hence why one sin bin the other not.

Head attacks either intentional or accidental definitely need addressing more severely. I have posted to that effect numerous times so I aren’t going to argue. 

The on pitch decision isn’t straightforward. One view at normal speed etc along with the knowledge you will be criticised, in some cases unfairly, if you get it wrong results in the lack of red cards IMO. There have been a number of instances where the Match Officials have been hung out to dry

Some of the tackles to the knee area are very difficult to see as it is usually the 3rd or even 4th man in but again, like head tackles, I’m not sure the message is being enforced by the Disciplinary 

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

The decision is on the Disciplinary page. Look for Watts’ charge.

The Watts grading & initial ban are correct IMO. The appeal on the grading was a punt that they lost

Cautions are kept on record so if they appear or are charged these are factored into any ban etc. I have seen reference made to them before.

The 2 “tackles” you refer to are interesting ones. Ian Smith very experienced ex ref said that they were slightly different hence why one sin bin the other not.

Head attacks either intentional or accidental definitely need addressing more severely. I have posted to that effect numerous times so I aren’t going to argue. 

The on pitch decision isn’t straightforward. One view at normal speed etc along with the knowledge you will be criticised, in some cases unfairly, if you get it wrong results in the lack of red cards IMO. There have been a number of instances where the Match Officials have been hung out to dry

Some of the tackles to the knee area are very difficult to see as it is usually the 3rd or even 4th man in but again, like head tackles, I’m not sure the message is being enforced by the Disciplinary 

Caution history.  Ok, I can understand that.  Doesn’t hat also apply to Taylor then? Or is it 3rd time lucky?

I have no doubt the Powell tackle went more against the knee hinge whereas Brown was unlucky in that both tacklers pushed the player over backwards as he tackled him. Both should’ve been yellow though and as has been mentioned earlier in the Hull/Wigan thread,  the Law states that no tackling to the lower leg by any 3rd 4th etc player is allowed.

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Unfair to expect Watts to make that comparison as they were charged with different offences, his being the more serious. Farrell was "High Tackle" whilst Watts was "Dangerous Contact". There is no offence called a "head shot".

C’mon it’s Browny,surely your not expecting facts in one of his Wigan tirades.

27 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Caution history.  Ok, I can understand that.  Doesn’t hat also apply to Taylor then? Or is it 3rd time lucky?

I have no doubt the Powell tackle went more against the knee hinge whereas Brown was unlucky in that both tacklers pushed the player over backwards as he tackled him. Both should’ve been yellow though and as has been mentioned earlier in the Hull/Wigan thread,  the Law states that no tackling to the lower leg by any 3rd 4th etc player is allowed.

The number of cautions isn’t stated but I have seen it used to give a slightly longer ban. The same rules will apply to Taylor

The lack of action against both “knee” and “high” tackles is a concern to me as I stated above

Archived