London game.

frank

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Robin Evans said:

Batley have been dreadful in every aspect of this game. Its so galling as they are so.much better than this.

Yup! Let's hope for our sake that this is the match that we get all of the mistakes out of our system! And as I type, we knock on again.

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Yup! Let's hope for our sake that this is the match that we get all of the mistakes out of our system! And as I type, we knock on again.

London seem our bogey team 1 win in how many years... 

but we haven’t helped ourselves we could have Williams and gale at halves but if the forwards aren’t setting the platform you won’t crack any pots

too many errors 

too many penalties and set restarts

back down to earth 

no offence to Sanderson but he’d of made no difference this afternoon

I thought London were very good tbh they made us look poor I thought. Big and strong we were never in the game and they starved us of possession and field position. Bit of a wakeup call

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Appalling performance, biggest insult would be that it was like watching a Diskin team. Absolutely clueless and shows that Luke Hooley is no scrum half. Lots of work to put in this week. Tell Browny that he can't wriggle a ball out anywhere on the field and promote a score, it becomes too readable. In fact everything was too readable and predictable.

Yes, really poor performance by Batley but credit to London. For a team that supposedly had a very poor defence and were conceding points for fun, they were really on the ball today and gave us no spaceat all. Without Gilmore we lacked the guile to create spaces and chances.

I thought the commentary was dreadful and turned it off for second half. What connection has Adrian Morley to owt? Dreadful picturs first half too

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

We lacked cohesion at times. With the benefit of hindsight perhaps we should have left Hooley at full back rather than disrupt two positions for one injury.  No lack of effort from most of the team but well played London, we would have had to be on top form to give them a run for their money today.

10 minutes ago, Monologue said:

I hoped that When Sammut didn’t appear for the 2nd half that we may have got back in it ...how wrong I was , worst performance this season by far .

Adrian Morley may have been a great player but commentator he is not.

I couldn't take time out of babysitting duties to watch but who was the main commentator?

Was it Mick Gledhill again? He seems to get most of the West Yorkshire games.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, RogerT said:

That's got that out of the way, now lets take it out on Dewsbury.

It wouldn't surprise me if you did. I reckon that almost every team in this league has a great game and a stinker in them somewhere during the season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Bottom line is there's a lot of teams in the championship who are very similar   and like today the team that makes the least mistakes and keeps hold of the ball will always win 

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I couldn't take time out of babysitting duties to watch but who was the main commentator?

The lady from Radio York and Adrian Morley.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sharon Shortle.

I suppose we would have accepted this start to the season before it began, and as POR states above, there are a lot of teams who will do that to each other as the season progresses.

London were good I thought, were solid throughout the team and capitalised on our (many) mistakes. We missed Gilmore for his leadership and the cutting edge he provides going forward, but he wouldn't have changed today into a win. Defensively we were poor, especially in the second half, which is a shame as I agree with Phil, we were still in it at that point.

A few more team thoughts -

Hooley is no halfback!

Hall had a poor game defensively, but on balance he is still in credit, and what a try.

I hope that Buchanan's head issue doesn't run and run as we have seen happen to some players in the past, we could do with Logan back too. 

Anyway, here's looking forward to our next game.

Yes, beaten hands down by a far superior unit.

When I saw that Gilmore was missing, I knew that our final plays would suffer and also the organisation,  so never mind, let’s have an arm wrestle up the middle and play the conditions….well that went well….

Wake up call, but we can’t play collectively as badly again I hope.

And the commentary was shocking. At least it’s not John Helm I thought, she was far worse. First time I’ve turned it off this year. Let’s hope we can start going again soon …

I said to myself that when London restarted after the goal and then the try that's how to do it, they kicked short and got repossession, and the amount of times they tried for the line kick on early tackle counts, that was us stuffed.

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I thought London were very good tbh they made us look poor I thought. Big and strong we were never in the game and they starved us of possession and field position. Bit of a wakeup call

Agreed. They were just a better side than us on the day.

I thought it showed the shortcomings of having a small pack on a heavy pitch.

Once Walshaw had to move in to centre, we had no go forward.

We really missed Gledhill.

We were down to relying on Ward,Tonks, Lillicrop and both hookers for a long period of the game and I thought they battered us in the pack. None of those above had particularly bad games, but they just aren't big enough to take the steam out of the opposition, make breaks or pull the defence out of position on heavier grounds.

Walshaw? Go forward? Hasn't had any for weeks. A big unit like him should be running harder and causing more damage and I HAVE said it before.

I'm new to this forum, however from what I've seen it's mainly filled with nothing but negativity. 4 wins from 6 is brilliant and any fan at the start of the season would have snapped your hands off at that!

Whether the lads get paid or not, they put their bodies on the line each and every time, they don't go out to lose on purpose.

Yes some mistakes were made that cost us, however I know for certain Lingard will analyse it and sort it out. You can't expect us to go out scoring multiple points against every team it's completely unrealistic.

The lads put in some stellar effort in defence against a FULLTIME side and the hits they took, WOW. Sometimes a loss is needed to reset your squads mentality.

I feel that some people on here love to start nitpicking with negatives. 

38 minutes ago, TheBossDog said:

I'm new to this forum, however from what I've seen it's mainly filled with nothing but negativity. 4 wins from 6 is brilliant and any fan at the start of the season would have snapped your hands off at that!

Whether the lads get paid or not, they put their bodies on the line each and every time, they don't go out to lose on purpose.

Yes some mistakes were made that cost us, however I know for certain Lingard will analyse it and sort it out. You can't expect us to go out scoring multiple points against every team it's completely unrealistic.

The lads put in some stellar effort in defence against a FULLTIME side and the hits they took, WOW. Sometimes a loss is needed to reset your squads mentality.

I feel that some people on here love to start nitpicking with negatives. 

Is there a hint in there of something that we don't know?

Archived