NRL Match Thread - Round 10 - 2021 - Magic Round

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FRIDAY

Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights at Suncorp Stadium, 6pm

Tigers team: 1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Adam Doueihi 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Tommy Talau 6. Moses Mbye 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue 14. Jock Madden 15. Shawn Blore 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Thomas Mikaele 18. Michael Chee-Kam 20. Stefano Utoikamanu

Players cut: 19. Jake Simpkin 21. Tom Amone

Late Mail: No late changes expected for the Tigers.

Knights team: 20. Tex Hoy 2. Starford To’a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Brayden Musgrove 6. Kurt Mann 7. Phoenix Crossland 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Mitchell Barnett 14. Connor Watson 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Sauaso Sue 17. Brodie Jones 18. Hymel Hunt 19. Josh King

Players cut: 1. Kalyn Ponga 21. Simi Sasagi

Late Mail: The Knights have confirmed Kalyn Ponga will miss Friday’s clash and Tex Hoy will replace him at fullback. The Newcastle Herald’s Barry Toohey is reporting that Ponga has suffered an adductor injury and will miss the next two games at least.

Actually, I checked out the teams when I did my tips and picked the Knights on the strength of their forwards, so Pong may be irrelevant to the outcome.

When the NRL announced the inclusion of Magic Round in 2019, it was an overwhelming feeling of excitement, but this year there doesn't seem to be much magic in the air.

Injuries, minimal fan engagement and an unfavourable draw have given us little to look forward to as Brisbane welcomes all 16 NRL clubs back this weekend after the festival-like occasion was cancelled last year due to COVID-19.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-14/wheres-the-magic-in-this-years-magic-round/100136788

47 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Actually, I checked out the teams when I did my tips and picked the Knights on the strength of their forwards, so Pong may be irrelevant to the outcome.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-14/wheres-the-magic-in-this-years-magic-round/100136788

Vossy says by he time of the second game today there will be 40,000 in the stadium

Good Magic morning everyone!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tamou profits from an embarrassing coming-together of Mann & Hoy. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived