Football Manager

A great servant to the club and no interview required Iโ€™d say....itโ€™s important to keep the likes of Ian Hardman with his knowledge and intelligence in the game so why not at aย club he has a passion for

Forza Fev

Jobs for the boys comes to mind.

I'm not jealous by any means it's just that I don't understand it either, although I suspect it's your next step towards full time and Super League.

I'd assume the role of Football Manager encompasses all off-field stuff involving players (as opposed to sponsors, administration, day-to-day running of the club which presumably would fall under the CEO banner).

So I'd expect contract negotiations, recruitment, dealing with agents, maybe player welfare would all come under his watch.

Yes he'd probably lack direct experience in his current role but he lives and breathes RL, has continued to work in the sport since retirement (and before it) in his role with the Leeds foundation, as well as various coaching jobs at junior level. He's well respected within the game, as well as being popular with Rovers fans.

If he'd been appointed as Football Manager at somewhere like York, Bradford or Halifax we could have easily been asking why there and not at Fev, so for me it's a fair enough appointment regardless of his family conenction.

ย 

We have 31 players, 10 or 11 not involved with matchday squad need looking after, Specially younger players, do they need game time out on loan etc? whose injured? when they back?ย these kind of tasks and a bit of head scouting.......

On 16/05/2021 at 18:12, POR said:

ย Did we replace Steve Gill or is this just general manager with a different nameโ‰๏ธ

Thereโ€™s Martin Vickers and Jac Davies that have been brought in to fulfil rolesย 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived