Choccy biccies

I haven't had one of those in ages. Excuse me while I make an addition to tomorrow's shopping list.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

We got a tin of these at work as part of a Christmas hamper from a company we'd just started working with. Holy Moly, they're good!

Mind you, I then looked up the price and had mild-to-medium conniptions.

DpPcnfsW4AEddHp.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I haven't had one of those in ages. Excuse me while I make an addition to tomorrow's shopping list.

Same here, I'll happily raid the pantry for a biscuit fix, but I know my place and leave executive household decisions like the shopping list to Mrs V.

I was given a pack last week and had forgotten about them, they will now be going on my "beer and bbq" list

6 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Same here, I'll happily raid the pantry for a biscuit fix, but I know my place and leave executive household decisions like the shopping list to Mrs V.

I was given a pack last week and had forgotten about them, they will now be going on my "beer and bbq" list

There are other brands offering wafer biscuits coated in milk chocolate (Blue Riband, for instance), but the Tunnock's ones are chewier than most, and that's what makes them good.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

There are other brands offering wafer biscuits coated in milk chocolate (Blue Riband, for instance), but the Tunnock's ones are chewier than most, and that's what makes them good.

My mam has uses Ringtons and their caramel wafers are very nice

If you tune in to Sunday Brunch at 11am they have a regular feature called King of the Tin. This is where the 3 celebrity guests pick their most favourite and least favourite biscuits. There are short videos of these on YouTube. It is oddly compelling.

50 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

If you tune in to Sunday Brunch at 11am they have a regular feature called King of the Tin. This is where the 3 celebrity guests pick their most favourite and least favourite biscuits. There are short videos of these on YouTube. It is oddly compelling.

And if there's controversy, they throw it over to Twitter followers to vote.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

There's simply no argument to have. Head and shoulders above all-comers. Great call.

Even better with the dark chocolate ones they now do , unfortunately my teeth aren't up to the job anymore 🙁

I'm very fond of these, which I get from the Co-op, but are also sold in other shops.

dcg.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=10

Ralph Waldo Emerson

we never have biscuits in our house - my wife once went for an interview at the fox factory in batley - on the way there she saw a dead black cat at the side of the road - she didnt get the job and took it as a biscuit related omen - since that day not even a bourbon cream has passed our door - this is the world i live in!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

we never have biscuits in our house - my wife once went for an interview at the fox factory in batley - on the way there she saw a dead black cat at the side of the road - she didnt get the job and took it as a biscuit related omen - since that day not even a bourbon cream has passed our door - this is the world i live in!

Do you have Jaffa cakes ?

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'm very fond of these, which I get from the Co-op, but are also sold in other shops.

dcg.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=10

Biscuits fall into two categories, those you can dunk and those you munch between slurps. I think these would fall into the non-dunk type, a hot mug of tea might disrupt the chocolate coating before the inner biscuit could take a soaking

4 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Biscuits fall into two categories, those you can dunk and those you munch between slurps. I think these would fall into the non-dunk type, a hot mug of tea might disrupt the chocolate coating before the inner biscuit could take a soaking

They also do a non-coated version.

For dunking, the petrol station across the road from me sells 'Good Day' cashew biscuits. They're pretty good.

brit_cashew_nc.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 15/05/2021 at 17:34, voteronniegibbs said:

a dark chocolate one you say......???.......... I need to start paying more attention when I'm in morrisons

On 15/05/2021 at 15:31, GUBRATS said:

Even better with the dark chocolate ones they now do , unfortunately my teeth aren't up to the job anymore 🙁

Local morrisons today didn't have the dark chocolate ones, I feel a strongly worded letter in green crayon to the manager is in order

Archived