New studio - what would you like to see?

Morning all Rugby fans, players, ex players, parents and other 😁

Dock House Media are moving to a new studio in Liverpool City centre, bigger and better but means we haven't been able to record anything for a couple of weeks. Although we have some recorded already and ready to go out soon.

We have 2 guests lined up for the next couple of weeks so we are frantically trying to get the studio ready. 🎙️

Are there any topics you would like us to consider? We are planning a shirt weekly round up every Monday then a couple of topic episodes a week with occasional full length shows with guests.

Taking this opportunity to share this again - full length interview, chat, discussion with former SL ref Ian Smith, talks about memorable moments in the game and various other topics 👍really nice guy too

In addition to rugby Dock House Media do various other things such as boxing episodes and now in the new studio live events such as the Kel Brook one in July.

There's a roof top terrace above the studio for drinks before and with it being in the middle of Liverpool it should be a good night out in the middle of summer.

More information on the link below, cheers Dave 👍

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-kell-brook-tickets-154153401975

FB_IMG_1621023809354.jpg

8 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

One for RL fashionistas.

I`ll keep my round-up short - Chevrons or irregular hoops are the must-have. No splashes, splurges, or vertical stripes.

I'd be interested in debates on collars and piping.

For what it’s worth Dave, I find podcasts that do lengthy reviews of the previous weekend fairly dull (as most people know the scores and may well have seen highlights), much prefer interviews and discussion about whats going on with clubs, the international game etc. 

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

One for RL fashionistas.

I`ll keep my round-up short - Chevrons or irregular hoops are the must-have. No splashes, splurges, or vertical stripes.

You could fill an hour with regular HOW ON EARTH COULD THEY ALLOW BOTH TEAMS TO WEAR ESSENTIALLY THE SAME SHIRT

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

Short shirt shows it is then 😁

Better than short sh-i-t shows.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

let alone shirts... its the logos on the backside of shorts... how do players feel knowing all eyes are on their backside,,, well at least the sponsor hopes that's where the eyeballs are

so a quick roundup of peculiar places to have logo's...

how about "diddy" david hamiltons  scrum half half hour hotshots - where crafty no7s of the past present and future pick their desert island discs such as "cut across shorty" by eddie cochran 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

For what it’s worth Dave, I find podcasts that do lengthy reviews of the previous weekend fairly dull (as most people know the scores and may well have seen highlights), much prefer interviews and discussion about whats going on with clubs, the international game etc. 

Same here, i find that they tend to jsut follow the narrative already given by the coaches and players.

We need a very controversial podcast to come out to make it different from all the other mundane listening ones.

10 hours ago, gingerjon said:

You could fill an hour with regular HOW ON EARTH COULD THEY ALLOW BOTH TEAMS TO WEAR ESSENTIALLY THE SAME SHIRT

Funny you should say that...   but Roosters and Cowboys were pretty much indecipherable.    Good win by the cowboys from what I saw of it.

7 hours ago, redjonn said:

let alone shirts... its the logos on the backside of shorts... how do players feel knowing all eyes are on their backside,,, well at least the sponsor hopes that's where the eyeballs are

so a quick roundup of peculiar places to have logo's...

I believe that Saints are sponsored by Acme Surgical Supports Of London Enterprises.  

On 15/05/2021 at 09:31, David Dockhouse Host said:

Are there any topics you would like us to consider? 

I know you`ve already dealt with the ruck, but if you ever have a current RFL employee as a guest (on or off-field official), I would like you to put a direct question -

Is the tackled player required to make a genuine attempt to play the ball with the foot? The rulebook says so, the RFL guidelines say so.

If the guest says "yes", I`d like you to tell them to stop insulting our intelligence.

6 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I know you`ve already dealt with the ruck, but if you ever have a current RFL employee as a guest (on or off-field official), I would like you to put a direct question -

Is the tackled player required to make a genuine attempt to play the ball with the foot? The rulebook says so, the RFL guidelines say so.

If the guest says "yes", I`d like you to tell them to stop insulting our intelligence.

The answer will be yes as that's the directive, but agree it's just not applied. I'm not sure enough people see it as an issue.

My preference has always been players should always have to play it with their foot, but not everyone agrees.

Archived