Lets regroup for next week

RogerT

Ok so lets now move on and regroup and back the lads to the hilt, if you can't get there then if HWD hospital is covering the match then lock onto it, the main commentator seems decent and respects both teams not like some other biased reporters,

13 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Ok so lets now move on and regroup and back the lads to the hilt, if you can't get there then if HWD hospital is covering the match then lock onto it, the main commentator seems decent and respects both teams not like some other biased reporters,

tough one Rog but London were a SL club not too long ago so...

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Depends. We appear to have quite a few injuries that might benefit from an extra week off!

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Depends. We appear to have quite a few injuries that might benefit from an extra week off!

Every cloud....etc.

I don't think it's so much a case of larger capacity, it's more about the access and egress trying to avoid pinch points, but it doesn't matter about all that because at most grounds of sports have pinch points, ie approach roads.

For instance at the Mount we have 3 access and 4 exits but they all meet up on Heritage way, yes by that time most of the crowd as thinned by then.

2 hours ago, Bi11 said:

Clubs really need to work together as never before.  For example, there might be opportunities in the short term to move home games to a ground with a larger capacity given goodwill all around.  

Agree but my thoughts are heading towards midweek games, dont think the players will benefit though, I just see a potential bottleneck down the line 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

25 minutes ago, colinb said:

Agree but my thoughts are heading towards midweek games, dont think the players will benefit though, I just see a potential bottleneck down the line 

Possibly only free weekend after june 21st is cup final weekend 17th july

20 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

It could be played cup final weekend on the Sunday 

Only problem RFL don't allow any other games to be played that weekend other than the skolars who always play at home on the friday night  because they want us mere mortals from the rest of the rugby league family to go down and bolster the SL crowd

Having said that toulouse are trying to pencil in a postponed fixture against FEV if were not in 1985 final or newcastle on that date so that could work in your favour but you know the RFL they will want a bumper crowd at wembley  so helping out  championship clubs will be way down on their list of priorities

1 hour ago, colinb said:

This is why the Championship will be decided on percentage success rather than absolute points, in case some games simply can't be played.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

36 minutes ago, POR said:

Possibly only free weekend after june 21st is cup final weekend 17th july

Only problem RFL don't allow any other games to be played that weekend other than the skolars who always play at home on the friday night  because they want us mere mortals from the rest of the rugby league family to go down and bolster the SL crowd

Having said that toulouse are trying to pencil in a postponed fixture against FEV if were not in 1985 final or newcastle on that date so that could work in your favour but you know the RFL they will want a bumper crowd at wembley  so helping out  championship clubs will be way down on their list of priorities

This will of course be dependent upon the permitted capacity at Wembley at the time. Yesterday's FA Cup Final only had 21,000.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

This will of course be dependent upon the permitted capacity at Wembley at the time. Yesterday's FA Cup Final only had 21,000.

Maybe BSJ but crowd limits supposed to be raised in june either way even if people can't attend the RFL will want all of us to watch the beeb and boost viewing figures

18 minutes ago, POR said:

Maybe BSJ but crowd limits supposed to be raised in june either way even if people can't attend the RFL will want all of us to watch the beeb and boost viewing figures

Is paranoia a required characteristic of RL fans?

I truly don't believe that the RFL spend all of their time working out schemes that are designed to be detrimental to followers of the game, but what do I know?

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Is paranoia a required characteristic of RL fans?

I truly don't believe that the RFL spend all of their time working out schemes that are designed to be detrimental to followers of the game, but what do I know?

That's true BSJ they don't  but they spend a lot of their  time working out schemes that will make them look good in the eyes of the world and big crowds and viewing figures both fall under that category

On 16/05/2021 at 15:29, POR said:

That's true BSJ they don't  but they spend a lot of their  time working out schemes that will make them look good in the eyes of the world and big crowds and viewing figures both fall under that category

I actually think they try to make the sport appear as good as possible in the eyes of the world, but I am such an innocent.

So FA Cup Final had 20%, that's 1500 at Mount Pleasant. Average crowd 750ish is 10%. Getting out after is easily manageable, it's all smoke and mirrors from a recalcitrant local authority. They need to follow National Guidelines not their own, quite simply a disgraceful state of affairs. Funny how they tell you on the phone that they still have many staff off work when we want something but they've enough staff to come out inspecting wide open spaces. If they put the same restrictions on us will we look to postpone Swinton on 30th?  Roll on 21st June....

14 minutes ago, phildog said:

So FA Cup Final had 20%, that's 1500 at Mount Pleasant. Average crowd 750ish is 10%. Getting out after is easily manageable, it's all smoke and mirrors from a recalcitrant local authority. They need to follow National Guidelines not their own, quite simply a disgraceful state of affairs. Funny how they tell you on the phone that they still have many staff off work when we want something but they've enough staff to come out inspecting wide open spaces. If they put the same restrictions on us will we look to postpone Swinton on 30th?  Roll on 21st June....

Sorry Phil, but that makes no sense. the point of postponing the local derby is because if it is held at a later date the potential benefits financially would be far greater. That is not the case for Swinton, as I would reckon the attendance for that match would probably not be too affected by any restrictions and attendance limits. Oh and what are the National guidelines for sporting attendances? Quoting the national stadium with a capacity of 96000 has no relevance to our stadium.

Working on %'s that's all DD. So what's the point of allowing our average crowd if the associated 'industry' within the ground can't operate? Say 100 fans can meet at Wetherspoons before the game but 50/60 can't go in Ron's Lounge after the game, or sit at distanced tables outside, they could have lunch in Wetherspoons before the game but can't buy a pie in the ground? Doghouse can't sell shirts or scarves or old programmes etc...none of it makes any sense within current National guidelines and leaves the sport in a disadvantaged position. However, popular opinion on my post 'Postponement' clearly believes that I'm talking out of my backside so I'll leave it.

The main difference between a pub and a sports stadium is that it's easier to control movement and social distancing in a pub than it is in a stadium. There's a one way entrance and exit system at Wetherspoons and you go inside, sit down and essentially don't move until you leave or have to pee, you have your designated table spot and you stay there, as its all table service. 

People at sports events (and its not just RL, it's exactly the same for football for example), tend to mill about a bit more, jump up and down when someone scores etc. So it's not just as easy as taking a % of the capacity and thats the finite number. All the different elements have to be taken into consideration. Will the queue for the ladies loo mean that people potentially come into contact with those sat having a pie and a pint? It's different for every venue and it must be an absolute nightmare for those that are having to try to evaluate it. 

I agree with you though that some of it makes no sense. But it's maybe not as cut and dried as it seems to us on the outside. 

Just a thought if the club can't open the bars or bottle bank or the pie and pies, would we be able to bring our own into the ground.

On 18/05/2021 at 09:35, phildog said:

Working on %'s that's all DD. So what's the point of allowing our average crowd if the associated 'industry' within the ground can't operate? Say 100 fans can meet at Wetherspoons before the game but 50/60 can't go in Ron's Lounge after the game, or sit at distanced tables outside, they could have lunch in Wetherspoons before the game but can't buy a pie in the ground? Doghouse can't sell shirts or scarves or old programmes etc...none of it makes any sense within current National guidelines and leaves the sport in a disadvantaged position. However, popular opinion on my post 'Postponement' clearly believes that I'm talking out of my backside so I'll leave it.

wembley has numerous exit points where as the mount has 3 at most , this is one of the many points thats is looked at when deciding how many can attend , same with Dewsbury only a few exit points . I went to Ludlow races pre-lock down and they were only allowed 600 in even they have far more open spaces than either The Mount or Rams stadium but only have 2 exit points of the course.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

4 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

wembley has numerous exit points where as the mount has 3 at most , this is one of the many points thats is looked at when deciding how many can attend , same with Dewsbury only a few exit points . I went to Ludlow races pre-lock down and they were only allowed 600 in even they have far more open spaces than either The Mount or Rams stadium but only have 2 exit points of the course.

Bloody Kirklees Council, ruining the races now!

Archived