Covid set up at games on Monday

With 4k allowed for ar least 4 weeks I was surprised how the crowd set up was implemented for monday. At Warrington all four stands are open but the mix of seating and standing looks strange. Just 400 spread over the seating area (2 stands) and 3600 over the standing areas similar sized area. You would think it would be easier to get social distancing in seating areas than standing area's. 

7 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

With 4k allowed for ar least 4 weeks I was surprised how the crowd set up was implemented for monday. At Warrington all four stands are open but the mix of seating and standing looks strange. Just 400 spread over the seating area (2 stands) and 3600 over the standing areas similar sized area. You would think it would be easier to get social distancing in seating areas than standing area's. 

That is a strange one , at Leigh we aren't using the standing at all for the Wigan game on Monday , but are looking at balloting for the north stand ( standing terrace ) against The Giants for the next home game ( 700 approx for a 4,000 capacity in that stand ) 

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Interesting. Maybe it’s ‘phase 1’ and it’s easier to get the standing sorted first. Then reassign the seats for ‘phase 2’ when larger crowds are allowed.

So the opposite of how Leigh are doing it , you'd think a seating facility would be easier to sort out and police 

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Interesting. Maybe it’s ‘phase 1’ and it’s easier to get the standing sorted first. Then reassign the seats for ‘phase 2’ when larger crowds are allowed.

No the 4 games in this phase have had the tickets allocated all the same 

29 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

What? Where have you heard that? 

33 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Surely this can’t be right? The 2 seating stands and the 2 standing terraces are the same size aren’t they, so that should mean fans are split evenly between seating and standing to maximise social distancing. We really don’t help ourselves sometimes, if transmission is linked to games it could delay more fans been allowed to attend.

2 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

What? Where have you heard that? 

I received emails and went to the stadium on Saturday, I have seats in the east stand and have been put in the south stand (standing) as have others I know for the games until leigh in june. I asked why and was told how the arrangement had been set, I said itmade no sense as seating would be easier to space, they replied that they were following covid criteria. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Surely this can’t be right? The 2 seating stands and the 2 standing terraces are the same size aren’t they, so that should mean fans are split evenly between seating and standing to maximise social distancing. We really don’t help ourselves sometimes, if transmission is linked to games it could delay more fans been allowed to attend.

Yes I agree and made my feelings heard. I think it is the council safety officers who implement the rules. 

1 minute ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I received emails and went to the stadium on Saturday, I have seats in the east stand and have been put in the south stand (standing) as have others I know for the games until leigh in june. I asked why and was told how the arrangement had been set, I said itmade no sense as seating would be easier to space, they replied that they were following covid criteria. 

That can't be right, i got told its approx 1500 standing, 1000 in the South and 500 behind the sticks, with 84 ppl per section in the standing areas 

So that leaves 2500, to sit down.

It may be that with all the additional seats for distancing you've been  one of the unlucky few that have had to go in the south,  which they did advise could happen, and has to a few of my friends

Just to pre-empt any possible problems in this thread, please ensure the discussion remains on how the Covid rules are being implemented at grounds, and NOT about the rights and wrongs of the Covid rules themselves, which can only be discussed in the political sub forum on here.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

That can't be right, i got told its approx 1500 standing, 1000 in the South and 500 behind the sticks, with 84 ppl per section in the standing areas 

So that leaves 2500, to sit down.

It may be that with all the additional seats for distancing you've been  one of the unlucky few that have had to go in the south,  which they did advise could happen, and has to a few of my friends

Definitely not I was involved with what became a heated discussion at the club shop. They clearly stayed 400 seated 3600 standing and they want you in no later than an hour before the kick off. I was even told if I did not agree to get a refund which as a legacy member got my back up. I am happy to be back at live games but I am not just going be treated as a fan we don't matter. 

Well, we shall see tomorrow,  I doubt its the case,

Theyve definitely said in the video they released on Friday, 84 people per block, I think there's either 14 or 16 standing blocks which works out to a max of 1344. And thars including the smaller blocks at the ends as full size.

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

You would think it would be easier to get social distancing in seating areas than standing area's. 

Depends how much your backside spreads out when you sit down, Elbow 😁

Is the 4000 crowd thing just govt advice? Widnes are only allowing season ticket holders in for at least first three games, which has upset a lot of people.

7 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Depends how much your backside spreads out when you sit down, Elbow 😁

You should know us males only talk out of them not sit on them. 

All we know at Widnes is only season ticket holders are allowed. We don’t know how many of them there are it what the max capacity is. Limited to 2 stands due to one being used for players & officials. The other I’m not sure, something to do with an Elton John concert 4 years ago making it useable 😔

Regarding on the day. Set times for entry and exit. That’s going to upset the early leavers when we’re down by 50 points 😂😂

On 16/05/2021 at 11:36, Spidey said:

The other I’m not sure, something to do with an Elton John concert 4 years ago making it useable 😔

I'd really like to know more about this.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I'd really like to know more about this.

It’s nothing too interesting. The concourse I think is storing something to do with the gig so gangways and toilets not accessible. Pretty poor stuff from the council to be honest. 

Bryan Adams was due for a gig this year at some point. I reckon they couldn’t be bothered moving it to storage and back again. But that’s been cancelled now. 

37 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It’s nothing too interesting. The concourse I think is storing something to do with the gig so gangways and toilets not accessible. Pretty poor stuff from the council to be honest. 

Bryan Adams was due for a gig this year at some point. I reckon they couldn’t be bothered moving it to storage and back again. But that’s been cancelled now. 

Probably a bloody great big tarpaulin 🤔

Archived