Today?

glemiln

Missed the lived feed for the 30-22 loss - so any pointers for what appears will be a closely fought campaign? Being 12 down after 12 minutes must have been worrying!

The upcoming away fixtures against the expected leading teams will test our mettle and Coventry seem to be a dark horse. 

Shocking 1st 15-20 mins, (in effect the game was lost in those 15-20) a reshuffle and subs coming on; slightly better up to HT. mistakes, dumb plays and daft pens galore.

Much better 2nd half and had a real go but had too much to do, Donny played it out well and had more composure than us

We looked every inch of a team playing only  it’s 3rd game of the season, pack looked solid but some poor choices/mistakes ball in hand, nothing came from halfback and our three quartets looked a bit ragged. Everything we did well came through Penky

it’s only going to get better, a few forced changes won’t help, players playing out of position also, but the first 20 were awful. I think we didn’t make the Dons 20 yard line until 17 mins

3 or 4 more games on the road will be tough so need to regroup quickly which I’m sure Matt will do.

A very poor first half display with far too many basic errors. We were never really in it after the terrible start. Improved when Penky came on but not much creativity from anyone else. The pack held its own but the backs made a lot of mistakes. My start of season optimism took a knock today as we seem rudderless when Penky is not on the field.

Well that was a dreadful display by the team and Donny deserved the win today.

Our discipline was once again poor and our respect of the ball was even worse.

Penky and Baker deserved much more from the work they put in.

Penky opened Donny up seemingly effortlessly, but rank bad ball retention or no backing up was dire.

I sincerely hope that this display by Hornets was a one off otherwise its going to be a long long season.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Well no Trigger, Yates, Bloomfield , Marriot and Fui Fui didn’t help but perhaps the squad is not as strong as I thought. On a different note , 100 Oldham fans allowed in at Featherstone tomorrow but no Hornets fans allowed in at Keighley next week .Explain that Bradford Council .

Many thanks for the feedback which, unfortunately, reflects the concerns, particularly after last week’ first half. Of course it’s early days and no doubt the coach is looking at permutations, but the poor basics reported is worrying.  At least we fought back second half.  Certainly, we need the experience of Penky and the missing players,  particularly for these difficult opening away games and keep in touch with the fancied teams. We are still 3rd in table!

A very poor performance. Ball retention was terrible We were poor defending our line and gave away far to many soft penalties again. WE will not be a top table club on that performance. Doncaster were average and still won easily.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Archived